Chapter XL

The desaturated human spared no time in grabbing (Y/n) by the hand and dragging her off. "MW! Slow down!" Holly begged from behind, trying her best to keep up.

"Nuh uh! You hurry up, freak!" MW shouted, spreading her wings and bolting through the air at tremendous speeds.

Her counterpart followed her actions and flew after her.

Meanwhile, in the library..

Ebony and Angelica had been training nonstop with Meta Knight. They were fully aware of the conversation that they were having but weren't conscious of her absence.

It was Meta Knight who realized that they weren't there first.

When the others picked up on this, they shrugged it off and assumed it was them training. Something was obviously being hidden from them and the masked warrior wanted to know what.

Subconsciously, he feared something more sinister was at play, and that the child who projected innocence was a bit more twisted than she let on.

Approaching the knights that guarded the room, he inquired the whereabouts of his lover and where she had been taken off to. Not even they knew what scheme Holly was concocting, as they were only minor figures to her. Even so, they stood their ground and refused him the right to exit the room.

He couldn't believe it and was taken back to the thoughts that haunted his mind. Obviously, something was wrong and he could tell.

Once again, the swordsman requested to leave the room. This was his last attempt before he would take physical measures. And again, they denied him access to anywhere else in the castle.

It confirmed his suspicions and it only meant that (Y/n) could possibly be in grave danger.

This time, instead of asking them to leave, he threatened them.

Both guards laughed at him, as if he could do anything to them. His puny size and lack of any allies meant he would meet defeat faster than any battle they'd fought.

With a hesitant groan, he drew Galaxia and pointed the heavenly blade towards the both of them. The tip directly pointed at their throats as they swallowed nervously. Despite his size, he was incredibly intimidating when he wanted to be.

Getting themselves together, they reminded themselves that he was no opponent for the two of them and that he could be crushed as easily as a mosquito. Just as they had grabbed their swords, the door burst open to reveal the Queen.

At once, the two of them bowed lowly. Her presence made then change their tune and mature.

Even Meta Knight gave a bow, he was in the presence of royalty. The four guards from earlier trailed behind her, their weapons already drawn.

"It appears she isn't in this room either, your majesty." Diamond Knight murmured pitifully.

The Queen gave a dissatisfied sigh and turned to leave. "Where could my daughter be?"

"Your daughter..?" Meta Knight unintentionally mumbled.

"Yes, she's gone and every Knight in the castle hasn't been able to find her. Last I check she was with you...speaking of, that other female traveler is also missing.." she informed him.

The monarch rubbed her chin tenderly in deep thought. There was a possibility that the so-called hero had taken her daughter hostage.

"MW! Where are you even going?!" They heard.

"To the secret place in the bottom of the castle! It's got the best things for witchcraft there!"

"But my mum says we're forbidden from going in there!"

The Queen swiftly exited the library and looked down at the foyer and was met with a surprising sight. MW was holding (Y/n) and flying through the foyer as Holly gave swift chase. Marie knew there was no way of catching her as they were on the 3rd floor.

"Well, my questions have been answered. I suppose I have business to attend to now, have a nice day." She snickered, waving.

Meta Knight watched as she ran down the hallway and down a flight of stairs to go and stop her daughter's alternate counter part from wrecking havoc on her finest of potion ingredients.

He let out a slight chuckle, Kirby was just about the same some times.

"Should we follow them? I think we'd see some pretty interesting things there.." Ebony proposed.

"I agree, let's go!" Angelica smiled, grabbing both of them by the hand and running down a hallway to get in on the action.