Chapter XXIV- Someone's not happy

The kitchen was occupied by the group of maids, discussing what they should do about the recent event.

Their conversation was cut short when a puffball entered the room.

It was Galacta Knight.

Most of them had forgotten he liked to hang around Cappy Town from time to time. Awkwardly, they greeted him and continued to whisper their plans to one another. He knew he was intruding something confidential but refused to leave; curiosity had bested the warrior.
"What are you talking about, ladies?" He wondered.
"Well you see, (Y/n) and Sir Meta-"
"Nothing much really. Just how Sir Meta Knight said we would be taking to the skies again very soon." Ebony butted in, covering Angelica's mouth so she couldn't speak.
Irritatedly, Angelica spoke as Ebony's hand mumbled her every word. To get Ebony's hand off of her mouth, she licked it and made Ebony shriek in disgust. "Ew! Angelica, you did not just lick my hand!"
Satisfied with her reaction, Angelica rubbed her own hands together as Ebony went to wash her hand.
"Looks like someone's in a bad mood.." Galacta Knight teased.
"Oh would you shut the fuck up before I knock the living Halcandra out of you." She threatened.

The galactic warrior raised his hands at her hostility. Other maids comforted her and reminded her to not use foul language in front of the higher ups.

"Ugh, why are we nothing in comparison with the 'higher ups'? What makes them so privileged??" She argued.
"We work for Sir Meta Knight and he told us to be civil with Sir Galacta Knight." Perstephone reminded her, as Ebony rolled her eyes.

A shout came from another room. "What do you mean they are together! Tell them that they gotta cut it out right now!"

It was evident Dedede was not happy yet again. The monarch acted as if he would never be pleased ever in his life. Always, he wanted more. Never had he been grateful for a thing in his life unless he was on the verge of losing said thing.

"The spell wore off? H-how..?!" Freya squeaked.

Mollie looked at Freya, how did she know it had worn off? How did she even know it existed in the first place.?

"Enough of that, we have a problem to sort out now." Alice groaned.

(Y/n) breathlessly tripped through the kitchen doorway and slammed the door behind her, shoving her whole body against it to block entry.

A very noticeable cut was on her upper arm. The cut looked fresh and was still bleeding all over the kitchen tiling. Alice and Veronica tended to the cut as Freya tried to get her to talk about the current situation. Glïtçh went to go check with Dedede as Perstephone, Saffron and Angelica went to go make something for (Y/n) to drink to calm her down.

Ebony barricaded the door to prevent anyone from coming in.

"So, what's going on King Dedede?" Glïtçh asked him, tilting her head to a side.
Slamming his fist on the armrest of his throne, he boomed,"That (Y/n) just got wit' my head knight!"
"Oh, you are still after (Y/n)'s attention and affection, your majesty?" She smirked.

The response he gave was quite interesting,"No, I'm past trying to please girls who will never like me back. I don't want (Y/n)."

"Oh..so you're gay, Sire?" Glïtçh said, really optimistically.
"Don't you tell anyone about this! But, if that's what it's called when you love another guy then.." he mumbled.

This had completely caught her off guard. But, if he didn't like women anymore then what would be the purpose of Glïtçh? She was made to please her buyer. "Well, get me what I want then." He answered.

Glitching back into the kitchen, Glïtçh informed the other maids of her discovery. "This is something I would never have found myself saying but..uh..the King's gay.." she told them, getting concerned looks again.
"Is that the side effect of the potion or his genuine feelings?" Ebony questioned.
"He wants..Sir Meta Knight..? He'd better get in line then because (Y/n)'s already reserved him." Saffron snickered.

Everyone looked at Mollie as of she knew the answers. "I'm not making him straight just because he's in our way. I don't even think there are spells or potions that change a person's sexuality anyway. We'll have to make it so he isn't an obstacle anymore, won't we?" Mollie said, rubbing her chin.

"Sir Meta Knight, I have some astonishing news that you will most certainly not believe.." Glïtçh murmured, glitching out a little bit.

He gave her a nod to signal that she should continue.

"This will be very strange news as it came from absolutely nowhere. King Dedede has been put off of women since he has terrible luck in dating. Now, he apparently has a crush on you."

The masked warrior stopped working on his ship and just looked at Glïtçh. He asked for her to confirm if it were true or not and she told him it was.

He didn't know how to react to what he had been told. The king having a crush on him could end up getting rather awkward as he was his head knight. Even with that fact aside, he was in a relationship currently and had no intentions of ending it so soon.

"I know, a lot to take in. We don't know what to do about it. Maybe we could fly off and leave the problem behind and sort it later?" She suggested with him agreeing.

He wasn't the type to run away from problems but this was one to be left alone.