Chapter XXXVI- Proving themselves worthy

The Queen watched as they drew their weapons. Both of the maids were hesitant to fight at first but mustered up the courage eventually.

"Holly, they don't have anything to fight with. Be a darling and give them one of your weapons." The Queen commanded.

Holly threw over a few flaming swords for them to defend themselves with. There still was a massive gap between their power. Even though their group was larger, Holly still felt they'd lose.

"I am not fighting mortals. A witch and a highly trained swordsman, sure. But, two mortals? No..Here, I'll give you some real power.." she said, her eyes going a purple.

A pair of fluffy angel wings appeared on Angelica's back. Ebony got a pair of demon wings and horns.

Now, Holly felt it was more fair.

"Alright, en guarde!"

Armed with a sword, (Y/n) charged at her foe. She was only a child, what defence strategies would she know?

Apparently more than she did.

Thrusting her blade forwards, (Y/n) made an attempt to strike. Holly wrapped one of many of her tails around the blade and brought (Y/n) upwards.

She was just waiting for it...

Swiftly, Meta Knight flew forwards and sliced at her tail, making her drop (Y/n). Luckily, she landed on her feet. They both knew that he didn't even touch her, so why was she pretending?

Their battle continued, the Queen still dissatisfied with their performance.

The maids charged forwards, both lunging at her at the same time as her back was turned. They were fast, but the child was faster.

Without wasting time, she teleported to the other platform and watched as they both collided. She tried her best not to laugh at their failed attempt but ended up giving a small snigger.

"I give..give up.." Angelica mumbled, raising a weak hand.

Ebony seconded that.

Now, only the lovers remained in battle with the overpowered twelve year old.

Both sides kept their distance and fired shots from afar. Holly threw balls of fire at them while Meta Knight and (Y/n) threw sword beams.

It was Holly who approached them. Without any notice, she lunged forwards and hit (Y/n) with her now flaming tail.

Meta Knight tried to stop her but she hit him with another tail. He fell to the floor, his mask cracking in the centre slightly.

(Y/n) could only remember the burning sensation in her chest before she blacked out.

"You were somewhat of a worthy opponent, I can tell you that much." She smiled.

The tone in her voice said something else. 'You aren't strong enough yet.'

That wasn't what bugged her though. What bugged her was where exactly she was. Somehow, it managed to look like a hospital and a bedroom all at once.

Why was she there in that room?

More importantly...

"..what did you do with the others...?" (Y/n) choked, hardly sounding intimidating like she wanted to.

"They're in separate rooms. I hope my mother allows you to train here. She's seen me fight better, more intense battles so you do have some competition." She smirked.

Speaking of, where even was the Queen?

All of the questions made (Y/n)'s head spin and she fell unconscious yet again.

"Hey! Wake up! You aren't meant to sleep now! Get up!" Someone shouted.

It was one of the castle's knights.

"The Princess demands that you train. Come, we'll show you a room that you'll grow to be very familiar with."