Chapter IXL

The minor turned to leave but (Y/n) stopped her.

"Wait,

tell me more."

"The final battle.." she mumbled.

(Y/n) cocked her head to a side. 'The final battle'? What was she on about.

"The final battle between the Star Warriors and Nightmare. In order to defeat him, you will suffer a terrible loss. That loss will empower you to train harder and obliterate Nightmare. Our Oracle has foreseen it." She explained.

(Y/n) knew who she was on about but asked the question for confirmation,"Who is it who dies?"

Her mentor gave a sigh and pointed over to her lover. "It should be obvious who."

(Y/n) looked at him as he trained; he was too powerful and skilled, it was unlikely he would die on the battlefield.

But it only made sense.

It only made sense that if he were to pass, it would be on the battlefield alongside his allies.

"I know, it's a depressing thought to dwell on, but maybe we can train you so that your power is the equivalent of the power that you would develope after losing said person." She proposed.

"But, how am I supposed to train? There's no way I'll ever defeat NME! He's overpowered and will crush me between his thumbs, he's that strong." (Y/n) whined.

"Look, I don't know what on Popstar or Earth you're on about. Think of how far we've all come, how far you've come since you were born. Nothing happens overnight, everything takes time and you know that. You also know his life depends on this, so are you that cowardly and willing to set his life on the line for this? Especially when you know you can stop his death by training your abilities to be stronger than ever before?" She scolded.

(Y/n) wanted to protest but she knew that she was speaking the truth. "I thought as his girlfriend, you'd be the most willing to sacrifice time to prevent his death."

"Well, it's a lot to take on! Responsibilities like this are pressuring and it's not easy to cope when some child is saying her oracle said that your boyfriend will die unless you train constantly to prevent it!" She argued, the child giving her a thoughtful look.

"I never thought of it like that..I sometimes forget humans have feelings.." she murmured.

"Excuse me, what? Are you a sociopath or something?" (Y/n) shrieked.

The girl scoffed at the accusation,"How are you supposed to kill things if you have a soft spot, that's awful."

Holly looked behind her,"Hey, what are you doing here MW me?"

"You said you had guests over so I thought to come. You're gonna have issues if your hero can't kill someone without pathetically whining over the fact it's dead." MW Holly chimed in.

The appearance of her mirror world counter part was vaguely similar to hers. Their only difference was a huge cut across MW's face.

Other than that, MW was a desaturated version of Holly.

"We have to plenty of work to do with a softy like this." MW smirked, a sinister glisten in her eyes.