Chapter XXI- Something goes wrong

(Y/n) propped herself against the wall and observed the star warrior. His mood wasn't too good and that made her a bit sorrowful.
"Hey Kirby, after this you can go out and play." (Y/n) told him.

The girl turned her attention the scenery outside. Kirby was so lucky to have his birthday on such a lovely day. It was so beautiful that it was mesmerising. Watching the grass sway from side to side, seeing the birds chirping optimistically, it was all such a great scene.

It would be a shame to ruin it.

But that's what Dedede wanted to do.

"I need me a monster. Today it's Kirby's birthday and I want to finish him off so send me your best monster." Dedede barked his orders.
"It's that puffy pink pest's birthday is it? Well, Triple D, we should send something special." Customer Service cackled, sending over a monster.

A single Noddy was sat on the teleporter.
"Eh? A Noddy? What is this for?" Dedede boomed.

Then, Customer Service began to glitch out. "For your bitter attitude, put it to rest." Glïtçh snickered.
"Wait, if you're there then where is Customer Service?" Dedede yelled.
"I locked him up some place." She said, rolling her eyes.

And then the screen went black.

The monarch gave a look of disgust at the Noddy, it was a ripoff. Now, he had nothing to get Kirby with and he was another few thousands in debt. Great.

In a fit of rage, he slammed his fist on the armrest of his throne, almost breaking it off. To calm himself down, he decided to go outside on a walk. He'd never do such a thing often but sometimes the castle gardens could be soothing.

As Dedede walked down the hall, he saw all of the festive decorations hung around the castle. He let out a discontented grunt and continued on his walk.

Meanwhile, with (Y/n) and Kirby.

The Star Warrior had finished his breakfast and went outside to play. (Y/n) smiled contently as she watched him climb trees and jump rope with his friends. It made her happy to see he did get a slither of his childhood every now and then.

She then broke away from the others in search of a particular puffball which she found in the corridors of Castle Dedede. "Good morning Sir Meta Knight." She smiled, bowing low.
"Good morning (Y/n)." He replied.
"It's Kirby's birthday today, isn't it exciting? There'll be cake and fireworks and a parade!" She boasted, merrily.
The masked warrior gave a chuckle,"You are very excited for this, aren't you?"
She laughed embarrassedly and nodded. It was going to be a grand celebration!
"Well, it won't be as good as the day we spent together but it'll be a good one." She grinned.

Where did the time go that day?
Hours flew by as fast as the wind and before they knew it, it was getting dark.

"Oh, have you got the fireworks ready, Ebony?" Angelica called over to Ebony.
She gave a nod and held up the box of fireworks. "I'm glad Mayor Len gave us these, they're the good kind of fireworks." Ebony chirped, holding the box up.
An out of breath Dedede came to them and demanded they stop setting up for the display. "But sire, everyone in Cappy Town is waiting for it!" Angelica argued.
"Yeah, we can't just stop...unless you have better." Ebony smirked.
The King threw his head back and roared with laughter,"I got this here machine that fires them firework thingies. Also, I'm running the firework display now."

Both the maids exchanged looks, they knew something would go wrong like always. "Dedede, you better not screw things up. If we find out that is a monster then we are overthrowing you." Ebony threatened, getting a nod of confirmation from Angelica.

They walked off to go tell someone what had happened.

The maids hurriedly searched the castle for someone they could get help from, to no avail. It appeared that everyone had left the castle to get a good view of the display. "Aww, I don't want anyone to get hurt." Angelica sobbed.
"We'll get Mollie, she'll know what to do." Ebony proposed, clicking her fingers.

They scampered down the hallway in search of the head maid. When they found her, they were surprised to see she was wearing a long black dress. "That's a weird choice of clothing, isn't it?" Angelica pointed out.
"Well, maybe it's because it's for special reasons." Mollie said.

A loud explosion came from outside, followed by a few cries. "Shit, it's already happened. Quick, take this." Mollie told them, shoving a few glass bottles into their hands.
"Glass bottles with water in them? Okay.." Ebony murmured.

The three of them returned to the scene and saw that Dedede had set Kirby's house afire with him and Tiff inside.
"Good job I brought this!" Mollie shouted, hurling a bottle with a dark blue fluid inside.
The flames stopped the second the bottle smashed open. Surprisingly, there wasn't any glass in the floor despite the bottle smashing against the hard ground.

Dedede was seated in the cockpit of his mech, making it throw bombs around carelessly. When he saw the maids, he retreated to the town and began setting that alight. "I'm going to go get Sir Meta Knight because we can't handle this alone." Ebony told them, about to run off.
"I'm gonna sort this." Mollie sternly stated, earning a laugh from Tiff and Ebony.
"You? You aren't magical or powerful! A few bottles won't do anything." Ebony scoffed.
"You'll see, won't you?" Mollie smirked, with a very self-assured tone.