Chapter LIX

There was truly nothing to occupy the King's short attention span and he found himself crawling back to them before he knew it. With a sulky attitude, he stomped his way over there and slammed the door open. Unfortunately for him, the Halberd was a massive vessel, so next to nobody heard his dramatic scene. 

Mollie was working in the helm, making sure everything would work right. Angelica was tending to the knights, trying to heal what hadn't already healed. 

On the main deck stood Saffron, her focus on the door, as she wondered if Dedede would walk through. She knew he would come crawling back sooner or later, and he had proven her theory correct. In the distance, she watched as he entered through the elevator and started acting like a spoiled diva. 

Calling out to her sister, she ordered that Ebony sorted everything out, since she was responsible enough and would scare him off if need be by making a dark threat which she would later carry out. 

Saluting, Ebony went on her way and met with the intruder, as he finally shut up. 

Approaching him, she saw he was without any company to back him up, casting him as an even smaller threat.

"Hey, Kingie." She sarcastically called," What are you doing here? You've been banned from entering, so eave before you feel regret." 

Obviously, her threat was near ineffective, as the only thing he did was look up desperately at the ship in hopes of getting on. He made a slight whimper as he gazed upon the aerial vessel with his arms slammed against the lowest part. Without any meaning, he asked," Why can't I come aboard? I'm the king...!"

His voice sounded as though it contradicted the narcissistic words, giving him a very unconfident look which Ebony was amused by," Look, Kingie, you aren't welcome aboard because you have no rights to be on board. You've tormented the captain plenty of times, you have been vile to all of us maids and you're just overall rude. We can't permit that on board the ship." 

In hopes of getting on, he threw himself on his hands and knees before her, clasping his hands together and practically praying to Ebony, while he begged," Please let me on board! I'll never hurt no body ever again a-and I promise I'll treats all you women with all the respect in the world! I won't ever annoy yous again and I'll be a good king!"

His pleads were pathetic in her eyes, and she placed a hand on her hip as she took in the scene in front of her. She wasn't sure she could trust his word, because his word was worthless to everybody who heard it. Everybody had a bitter opinion on him, so everything he said had had to be taken with a pinch of salt. 

"How can we be so sure to trust you, though? You've been the one who has been ordering monsters for years and harassing everybody in this village for Nova knows how long! We can't trust you because we can't justify whatever you say." Ebony reasoned, getting him to begin to sob loudly. 

Turning around, she went to leave but was met with Dedede's hands wrapped around her ankle, begging her to stay and work something out with him. She continued to make her way back onto the ship, now having to pull Dedede's weight alongside her own. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n), Alice, Saffron and Mollie were in the kitchen baking when they saw the door swing open, revealing Ebony and an unwanted guest. They frowned at the sight of him, hoping that he would leave. Each of them shunned him out of the conversation, only bothering to pay attention to Ebony while they asked why he was onboard. 

"He won't let go of my ankle." Ebony whispered to them," And he says he wants to be onboard and that he'll behave this time and respect all of us." 

Folding her arms and leaning backwards, Saffron told her that he wouldn't change, since he'd been bad for so long. Years had passed and they had seen no change, so what hopes was there of him changing now? He wouldn't, and they all knew that. 

(Y/n) sipped at the glass of water she had poured herself previously. It seemed like quite a humorous situation and was quite comical to her, maybe not so much for the others. For him to literally grab at the ankle of one of the maids and offer her all of the respect under the sun and moon, then it was clear that he was so willing that he would shoot his mouth about random offers that he concocted on the spot. The lies he fabricated weren't enough to score him points with them, as they saw through whatever he came up with. 

While he continued to beg and plead to Ebony, the others huddled together to discuss whatever solutions they could come up with in such a bizarre situation. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooner or later, Alice and Veronica came in to get a snack and were met with the same odd sight they had been met with. In the length timespan that had passed, he hadn't thought of the idea of letting go, since he was already on the ship, but rather continue to grab at her ankle and be pulled along, sweeping the floor along the way. 

Alice gave a slight gasp at the sight of the enemy before hiding behind Veronica, which always looked to be her way out of a problem. Her girlfriend poked Dedede with her foot before sliding him out of the way, single-footedly

"What on Earth is he doing here and why is he on Ebony's ankle?" She gasped, wandering by with Alice in close range. 

Alice was just as curious as Veronica, and she was entitled to.

Most of the maids just shrugged while Mollie's gaze left the scene and fell upon a spell book which she had manifested. Her eyes filtered through the pages until her sight landed on a spell that had tickled her fancy. Chanting the words in an almost-singsong type voice, she managed to freeze him into an ice sculptor and get him off of Ebony's leg. A sigh of relief escaped the girl, after finally breaking free of the burden of carrying such a heavy enemy around for so long. 

"Right, I think we may have a problem.." Alice murmured, watching as the ice began to shake slightly.