Chapter LXVIII

Kicking a rock, (Y/n) scowled to herself.

How the hell did they forget? I mean, how do you forget that your "friend" is a despicable, manipulative dictator? You don't, that's for sure.

She murmured to herself, gritting her teeth in spite. It was just a huge joke, and they'd laugh at her later for it, probably. Forgetting that someone had tried to murder you was something difficult to forget, or was it?

(Y/n) had moved to Popstar a fair while ago, but hadn't exactly been informed of the lifestyle that they lived. True, she had studied the habits and living conditions of her superior, but he didn't represent even a quarter of the land. In comparison to the masses, he was an anomaly. The maids also didn't count, as they were women from Earth, meaning they were similar to herself.

She assumed that the population were generally harmless, gentile creatures who went day to day without casualties or issues. They were peaceful, stable and welcoming, which made it all-too-easy for the next large threat to take advantage.

Squatting down, she picked up a huge rock from the ground. Hurling it far into the distance, she allowed the pent up rage to flow free.

I still can't believe this!

"(Y/n)?"

Her skin crawled at the mention. Paralysis prevented her from seeing who it was. Even with her willpower, she couldn't turn to see who it was; it was as if an unseen force glued her in place, like the toy of a child.

"..I see what you're trying to do, but I'd rather you didn't. You aren't as..gullible or ignorant as the rest. I appreciate the spirit you have: fiery, determined yet so considerate and caring. I'd offer you the chance to join me, but you'd turn that down, wouldn't you?"

Gritting her teeth, she almost spat at them,"Magolor! I would never join you, you fiendish tyrannical-"

"Ah, ah! Don't be so feisty, princess! Your precious friends believe me over you, so lay one finger on me and I'll go running to them the second you even try to." He threatened, a smirk underneath his collar,"Now, I'll ask again, would you like to join me?"

"Never! I'll expose what you're trying to do, Magolor!" She hissed.

When she finally looked to see him, she found nothing in his place. A beep sounded from a nearby bush, but she was too emotionally exhausted from it to care.

____________________________

When she reboarded the ship, she was overcome by exhaustion. Her body was so cumbersome, and she hardly managed to make her way up the steps.

Mollie ended up assisting her to her room, and setting her down on her bed.

"Spitfire, you need to calm yourself down a bit. This stress could cause you a breakdown, if you aren't careful." She warned, lightly patting her on the head.

"I thought you were conspiring with the others..saying I was evil and whatnot?" (Y/n) mumbled, mind hazed with sleep.

She looked to the door to ensure nobody was watching, before giving (Y/n) her attention once again,"No, we were never "conspiring against you" or anything of the sort. We were worried about you and your strange behaviour; you acted as though you were above everyone. You lashed out, but I assume you have a better grasp of your abilities now?"

(Y/n) nodded, eyelids threatening to close midway through the conversation,"B..Magolor..What about him, does nobody..nobody remember..?"

"He attacked the ship several weeks ago, how can we not remember it? Sir Meta Knight claimed he was a sworn enemy, so what do you mean?" Mollie tilted her head to one side, in a cutesy manner, unknowingly,"I was informed he was gathering ship pieces for him, which I find to be quite counterproductive; we're meant to defeat him, not aid him. Then again, Sir Meta Knight prefers every battle to be fair, so perhaps it's his morals besting him."

"He claimed not to know anything about him attacking several weeks back. Saffron made the same claim, so why is everything suddenly treating him like that? I thought it was a prank, but I'm not sure anymore."

The head maid leaned back, taking her time to think. She pulled a phone of her own out of the back pocket of her uniform and played an audio, holding her phone forwards so the screen was visible for (Y/n).

"..I see what you're trying to do, but I'd rather you didn't. You aren't as..gullible or ignorant as the rest. I appreciate the spirit you have: fiery, determined yet so considerate and caring. I'd offer you the chance to join me, but you'd turn that down, wouldn't you?"

"Ah, ah! Don't be so feisty, princess! Your precious friends believe me over you, so lay one finger on me and I'll go running to them the second you even try to."

His voice was crystal clear in the recording. (Y/n) went pale; she wasn't sure whether she should be bothered by how sly she was, or impressed by how sly she was.

"He may have them twiddled around his fingers (if he has any) but I have the recording. And, the microphone is still there." She explained, placing a hand on her shoulder,"So, you've got me on your side, (Y/n). Whatever that Magolor is doing, we'll catch him out before he can do harm."

"Thank you. You don't know how long I've waited to hear that." (Y/n) cried, tears forming in her eyes. Hearing someone say that they trusted her for once made her pleased,"We need to keep an eye on them, in case he does choose to do harm."

"Excuse me?" A timid voice came from the hallway. Angelica stepped through the doorframe, her wide eyes on the two,"By any chance, could I possibly help you?"