Chapter XIII- Hoshi no kaabii

(Y/n) woke up with a terrible headache, making her a bit miserable that morning. Rain beat down from the sky, rolling down the sides of the Halberd. When she gazed around the room, she saw a lone letter, resting upon a far surface. Crawling out of bed finally, she made her way over to the nightstand to rest the single post-it note that laid there.

'(Y/n)'s chores for the day'

That was the only legible sentence on the entire note. A whole list had been written in neat handwriting but looked to be scribbled out in marker. The works of Freya, no doubt. (Y/n) scowled to herself, in anger.

It was a wonder why Meta Knight hadn't rid of her already, after all of the deaths she almost caused it really seemed like a naive decision to keep her. Shrugging, (Y/n) got to clean sheeting the bunk beds in their room, since her original list of chores were illegible. First, she stripped the beds entirely of their coverings and continued to do the same with the pillows. Tossing the covers to a side, she made a pile of washing she would later take and clean. Retrieving new sheetings, she returned to the bedroom and got to placing them on the beds. Once she was done, she arranged the pillows and blankets in a neat fashion. Sighing, she wiped her forehead and admired her work. Then, she got to taking the unwanted sheets to the laundry room and put them into the washer. "It's a mystery why they have this on here." (Y/n) wondered to herself,"It could only make sense that this was a late installment that they required once Mollie came onboard."
"Actually, you forget they also sleep on beds too, so they would've needed it even before I came." Mollie butted in, proving (Y/n) wrong.

Taking the laundry off of her hands, Mollie put the washing in for the astounded maid. "Are you even allowed to do my chores for me?" (Y/n) inquired, a puzzled but grateful expression on her face.
With a slight laugh, Mollie nodded and got her attention back to the job at hand. "So, you got round to doing the dishes yet?" Mollie asked, raising an eyebrow.

Facepalming, (Y/n) shook her head. "I only just got up, y'know. Also, someone crossed out all of my chores for some reason. I don't know what my chores are for the day because of that." (Y/n) murmured, diverting her view.
Scowling, Mollie clenched her fists,"Freya, no doubt."

The two both agreed that Freya had done it out of spite as vengeance. They were going to complain to Meta Knight about it but that was before a certain someone told than what really happened.

(Y/n) headed to the kitchen to get the dishes done when she saw Angelica already there, taking up the workspace. "Oh, morning (Y/n)." She cheerfully greeted, waving a soapy hand from the bowl.
Giving her a look of confusion, (Y/n) edged her to explain,"Well, Freya is complaining that everyone on the Halberd is heartless and selfish so I want to prove her wrong so me and my sisters did your chores for the day." She explained, a happy glint in her eyes.
Something about this made her feel appreciated, having a day to do anything she wanted because her piers would cover her. Fumbling with her hands, (Y/n) didn't know how to express her gratitude,"How can I pay you back?" She questioned, quietly.
"I wouldn't mind a quick hug." Angelica said, scrubbing a cup as she spoke.

Both of the maids shared a comfortably warm embrace. They cuddled together for a few seconds before Angelica got back to doing her chores.

When (Y/n) left the kitchen, she skipped down the deserted halls in optimism, being free of chores for the day. Perhaps she could familiarise herself with the new Knight aboard? It sounded like a good idea to her, at least at the time.

Lunging out of the shade, Freya shoved (Y/n) onto the hardwood floor of the Halberd's corridor. Hitting her head against the wall, she began to feel a sudden dizziness overcome her, as her vision became distorted and blurred. All she could remember was a rush of pink before she fell unconscious.

Opening her eyes, she felt another headache coming on, just after the one she had lost earlier on. Sighing, she sat up and froze in surprise. Asleep on the bed right in front of her was another puffball. He was pink, but a more toned down pink in comparison to Galacta Knight. A small, dark pink blush was on his cheeks that matched the colour of his small feet. Unlike the masked Knights, this puffball didn't had proper hands, nor did he wear gloves. In fact, he didn't have a mask, wings or a cape, he was just a bare puffball. Carefully caressing his forehead, she listened to his soft breaths as he slept. How cute he looked, just resting there in a carefree manner..

Opening his eyes, he accidentally startled (Y/n). "Uah!" She screeched in surprise, almost falling off the bed.
In her opinion, he looked adorable with oceanic coloured eyes that shone with innocence. Creeping closer to him, she stared at him, thinking about where he possibly came from.

Suddenly, the door opened to reveal a highly pressured Alice. "Kirby! Kirby? Oh my God, there you are!"
The blondie hurriedly approached him and inspected him closely then gave a worried look. "Uh, why is he in here and why are you in bed?"

At that moment in time, the situation was quite..awkward.
"I don't even know. I know that I got shoved against a wall and I fell unconscious and I woke up here with him laid at the end of my bed. The last thing I remember was a pink thing hitting Freya in the torso before I blacked out." (Y/n) told Alice.
Rubbing her chin, she put together the pieces of the puzzle and found out what had gone on. "Oh, so Kirby of the Stars is as powerful as Sir Meta Knight said." Alice gawked.
(Y/n) had no idea what Alice meant until she spilled the information.
"This pink ball of happiness is Kirby of the Stars, a star warrior with a very grand destiny, rumoured to defeat the fiend we know as Nightmare Enterprises. For short we can call him Kirby as he doesn't care for formalities seeing as he is a kid."

Her draw dropped in shock, Kirby was a kid? He was strong enough to carry her back to her room all by himself. And he was destined to defeat Nightmare Enterprises? Who was that..?

"Nightmare Enterprises? Who's that?" (Y/n) asked, tilting her head to one side.

Taking (Y/n)'s hand in her own, she went somewhere more private to explain...