Chapter XLVI

Eventually, the small warrior got himself out of bed and answered the door. The princess admired his appearance for a minute before shrugging and claiming Meta Knight looked better than he did. (Y/n) turned to her and asked how she knew what he looked like unmasked, to which she responded she didn't and she enjoyed fantasizing.

It was Galacta Knight who told them to stop messing around and that they had work to do. Both of them immediately cut it out and acted mature.

Kirby politely asked them why they needed to wake him up, as he was in the middle of a glorious dream. Galacta Knight was the one to tell him,"You're the hope of the galaxy and you must defeat NME soon. An oracle claims that the battle is steadily approaching and we must train you for it."

He rolled his sky blue eyes in disbelief. Another one of his hero duties intruded on his personal time. Great.

"Yeah, I know it sucks but we have to help with it too! If we don't train hard enough then Meta apparently dies. If that's how it ends, then I won't forgive you." (Y/n) explained.

"I don't want to train though! I'm strong enough already!" Kirby complained, getting Holly to shake her head in disagreement.

"No, you're not strong enough! C'mere, try fighting me and we'll see just how strong you truly are, Hoshi no kābī!" She said, drawing a double sided axe from thin air.

All six of her diamond tails emerged from under her skirt and her black feathered wings expanded to their true length. Carefully, she brushed her hair back and exposed her fade horns. Then, she jumped back and pointed the two blades at her challenger,"Prove yourself worthy, young one."

"Isn't she young as well? I could've sworn she was, like, 12?" Saffron mumbled, fearful of her being heard.

Kirby was completely unarmed and overconfident. "I can easily defeat you! Just watch!"

He ran at her and got hit by the flat side of the battle axe. "1-0 to demon girl." Mollie snickered.

Once Kirby came back, he gave a groan of exhaustion and tried again. This time, she blew fire at him and roasted him. "2-0 to demon girl." Mollie laughed.

They were disappointed by his poor display; why didn't his use his signature inhaling ability and copy the fire? He was acting much weaker than he was. Kirby was a God slayer! How had he not defeated her already?

The puffball picked himself up off of the ground and attempted to attack her again. This time, she allowed him to charged at her. When he got close enough, she jumped and he fell into the lake behind her. Even she couldn't help but give a scoff when he fell in.

"3-0 to demon girl." Mollie noted, also a bit amused by what had happened.

"Well, that was pathetic. I preferred the battle with you guys, you were much better opponents." She told them, dusting her skirt off. "Actually, I prefer you in general. I'm not the biggest fan of lazy warriors who are incapable of laying one blow on a divine being."