Chapter LVII

It had been several months since anything too exciting happened. They'd gone on several adventures, nothing out of the ordinary.

(Y/n) was still in her relationship with Meta, but nothing had happened. They'd refused to take it any further, despite how long they'd been together.

Many of the maids had picked up on the fact that she could bend the rules, and he wouldn't care much. There had been days where she had done nothing, and she had been allowed to.

"I wouldn't say I'm jealous, I'd just say that it can sometimes be a bit of a irritation. I mean, we do everything around here and get no credit!" Saffron complained, as she wiped down the kitchen counter.

Perstephone gave an audible sigh,"I'm feeling that way too. The way that the rules are so flexible for her, it's no fair. He pays more attention to her than the rest of the crew! Well, at least he's happy."

Nodding in agreement, Angelica decided to join their conversation,"I agree. As long as he's happy, then I'm happy!~"

It was then that the ship shook vigorously, and they were harshly thrown to the floor due to the impact. (Y/n) came running through, and they all just looked at her, wondering why she came.

"The ship..it's under attack.." she huffed, before being thrown to the floor because of another sharp turn they took. "Ow.."

"Who is it? It's not as though we're fighting.."
"Nightmare!?" Angelica gasped, cutting Faye off but also simultaneously finishing her sentence.
"I was about to say that.." she muttered.

"Well what do we do?! I don't wanna die!" Alice cried, huddling up with Veronica.

Mollie was on one of the top bunks, clinging on to the mattress for dear life. She was certainly not expecting anything like that to happen while she was asleep.

All of the maids were gathered in their room, hoping it would blow over. What happened, they never would have expected.

All of the Meta Knights were trying their best to fight Nightmare, and the maids were watching via some security cameras they had managed to access. Waves of monsters came at them, as they fought courageously.

However, their combined efforts were not enough and they failed. Nightmare, just to guarantee their fate, had managed to destroy two of the engines.

Even from their compact room, they could tell something wasn't right. The ship began to fall, and Veronica noticed all the Knights weren't in the best condition.

"We'll have to take control, then." Mollie suggested.

With a swift movement, she hurled herself over the end of the bed and landed in the direct centre of the room on one knee.

"If none of you will help, then so be it. We have work to do, and no time to waste!" She commanded, before running out of the room for the control room.

Veronica and Alice nodded in unison before giving swift chase. Angelica followed behind, hoping she could help in some way. Saffron, Faye and Perstephone headed for the engines, in hopes of repairing them. (Y/n) and Ebony both headed onto the deck, to combat the threat. (Y/n) was armed with magic while Ebony was armed with sword she had snagged from a frame on the wall.

Mollie had managed to regain control after the three of them had fixed the engines and other internal damages. Veronica, Angelica and Alice were left to fly the ship as Mollie joined the duo on the deck.

(Y/n) had enchanted Ebony's sword, making it give off a purply-blue flare. Magic seemed to surge through the sword as it glistened.

The two took out as many of them as possible, and were thrilled when Mollie arrived to finished them off. With an advanced spell, she killed off Nightmare's army of monsters.

He looked taken aback, as he looked at the remains of his monsters: just bones and blood.

Casting another spell, (Y/n) made a protective field around the ship, allowing it to endure damage without taking it.

Nightmare left in a cloud of smoke, feeling irritated that a band of maids had killed off the vast majority of his monster army.

When they'd steered it back to Dreamland, they couldn't help but feel prideful. They had taken down a massive threat in Dreamland, as a team.

Saffron, Perstephone, Angelica and Alice got to aiding the fallen knights, as Ebony, Veronica, (Y/n) and Mollie steered the ship. Faye was stood outside, making sure there was no more foes in their path.

Reaching her walkie talkie, she said,"No threats; clear."

And it was then that they realized it was Dreamland they were in, and not anywhere else.

They still had a grudge against the King, and the same bitter energy filled them whenever they saw him.

As the Halberd descended slowly, Mollie claimed they would have to make their repairs hasty and return to the skies as soon as possible.

It was then that the King decided to notice their return.