Chapter LVIII

The King spied the battleship the second it was within his view. His advisor, Escargoon, wasn't there to discipline his sickly actions, meaning he was left to do whatever it was he wanted without punishment.

Obviously, the maids knew of his self centred ways, and made it a priority to leave as soon as possible. No doubt that their leader would agree.

They scavenged the ship for any severe damages that would postpone their leaving. Fortunately, nothing besides the engines were damaged. Not too badly, if at all.

With the crew still unconscious from the fight, the maids took it upon themselves to do everything they could independently.

Mollie, Ebony and (Y/n) had decided to work on the engine replacement and installation. Saffron, Perstephone and Angelica all worked on any dents in the exterior while Alice and Veronica made sure the rooms were still able to be used. They checked on buttons, appliances and anything in-between.

When Dedede did come to check on them, he was utterly shocked and rather appalled to find that none of them were awake; only the maids were conscious and working on the ship. It was certainly a surprise - an unwelcome one at that.

Snapping, he shouted,"What have you done with them? Why aren't they awake?!"

To which Angelica mockingly whispered,"I see the king has learnt fluent English."

His face was flushed a deep red and he could barely hold back from screaming at them because of it.

Regaining his composure, he asked what exactly had gone down and why the knights were unconscious.

Mollie decided to answer, as she was their leader and she didn't want all of them to stop working," Nightmare attacked the ship. We were the ones to neutralise the threat, and I'm proud of all of them."

Scoffing, Dedede said that a woman wouldn't be able to defeat Nightmare.

"Not be able to defeat Nightmare? We didn't exactly defeat him, but kept him distracted long enough to evacuate." (Y/n) chimed in, using telekinesis to get her work done.

With a rude remark, he had managed to irritate all of the maids to such an extent that they barred him from entering.

So, now that he wasn't allowed near the Halberd, he returned to his throne room.

He wondered what he could do to get his crush's attention. Possibly, he could fight against one of his maids to prove he was much stronger? After all, how tough could a girl be?

________________________________________

It was some time later when Meta Knight came to. By then, they had managed to fix most of the damages, but not all.

He wasn't aware of the fact that Nightmare had retreated, and that the maids had been the ones to fend him off.

Saffron and Persephone were having a conversation while feasting on some cream doughnuts that they had made several minutes earlier. Angelica was dusting the control room, Alice and Veronica were still fixing some dented plates of metal, Freya was still asleep and the rest of them were informing him of what had gone on.

They all spoke at once, which only gave him a headache. It wasn't something he liked, so he told Mollie to tell him about everything that went on.

It astonished him when he discovered the fact that they had fended off Nightmare while keeping them safe simultaneously. He was speechless. Truly, speechless.

They also told him that Dedede had intruded, and they had banned him from entering.

He was grateful,

but he knew Dedede would come crawling back.