9. Twilight's Last Gleaming

I sat down next to Octavia. She was sitting, admiring the sky. It really was beautiful.

"It's so quiet." I said, noticing the lack of talking.

She scoffed, "yeah. That's a first."

"Savour this moment because it'll never happen again."

Octavia let out a snort before laughing and I joined her. We tried to stay as quiet as possible so we wouldn't disturb people. I tilted my head upwards and was shocked to see something falling. It looked like a shooting star.

"Look, a shooting star." I said.

"I haven't seen one yet." She admitted.

"Well there's your first one." I smiled.

But as I looked back up, I realized it wasn't a shooting star. This thing was burning and falling down to earth at an incredible speed.

With wide eyes, I said, "Octavia, that's not a shooting star."

Holy crap. It was a pod.

"Bellamy! Get out here!" I shouted.

Octavia and I both got up from our seat and moved to the centre. Bellamy joined us not a second later.

"There!" Octavia said, pointing to the the sky.

I watched as a parachute shot out from the back of the pod.

"They're coming to help us." I said, a smile on my face. "Now we can kick some ground ass."

Everyone cheered.

"Please tell me they brought down some shampoo." Fox said.

Really? Shampoo? That's what you're thinking about right now.

"And hopefully some medicine, food..." I trailed off, looking at Fox.

Bellamy looked at me and Octavia. I knew what that look meant. The three of us walked together into his tent. Bellamy quickly put a shirt on. A bunch of Bellamy's right hand men also came into the tent.

"If it cleared the ride, it's probably near the lake." I said.

"We should get moving. Everyone's ready." Octavia said.

Looks like everyone wanted to go find this pod.

"No ones going anywhere. Not while it's dark. It isn't safe. We'll head out at first light. Pass the word." Bellamy said.

Everyone left except for Octavia and I. Bellamy was about to leave when Octavia stopped him.

"Everyone for 100 miles saw this thing come down. What if the grounders get to it first? Bell, we should go now." Octavia said.

"I said we wait until sunrise." Bellamy said before leaving the tent.

"He's up to something." I said to Octavia.

She nodded her head.

"I know. And I'm going to find out what."

Octavia left me standing in the tent alone. I stood there for a minute before finally exiting the tent. As I left, I saw Clarke and Finn walk into the camp. I walked over to them.

"You guys saw that right?" I said.

Finn nodded.

"Yeah. We did," he said.

"Let's go find it." Clarke said.

I rolled my eyes, "Bellamy said we had to wait until sunrise."