Prologue

I feel the sun on my face. I see trees all around me, scent of wildflower a on a breeze. It's so beautiful. In this moment, I'm not stranded in space.

It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors. 12 nations had operational space stations at the time of the bombs. There is now only the Ark, one station forged from the many.

We're told the Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again. 4 more space locked generations, and man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, that's the dream.

This is reality.

My door opened loudly. I looked up from the drawing in my hands and to the guards.

"Prisoner 312, face the wall." One of the guards said sternly.

Reality sucks.

I obliged and got up from my bed. I faced the wall, turning my back to the guards.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Quiet. Hold out your right arm." The man said in a bored but superior tone.

I heard a click. I turned around to see the guard pull out a metal bracelet. Panic arose in my chest.

"No. No. It's not my time. I don't turn 18 for another 3 months." I said, scared.

"Hold out your arm." He repeated.

On the Ark, every crime no matter how small, is punishable by death. Unless you're under 18.

The man came up to me and grabbed my wrist harshly. The other guard had out his weapon, ready to hurt me if I tried anything.

"Hold out your arm!"

"No, I'm not 18 yet!" I cried.

I pushed the first man back. The man with the weapon came towards me but I kicked him in the balls. He grunted as I ran out the door. I closed and locked it behind me. I looked over the railing at the jail we had.

Juvenile offenders get put here - lockup. We call it the sky box.

"Prisoner 319!" I heard a man shout.

But that wasn't my number. I snapped my head to the side to see Clarke, my best friend, in the same position I was.

"Clarke!" I yelled.

Her eyes snapped to mine. "Harley!" She ran up to me, quickly giving me a hug.

"We need to go." I told her.

We started to run when a women called out to us.

"Harley, Clarke, stop." Knowing that voice, the two of us stop. We turned around to see Abby Griffin coming towards us. She put her hand on the guard. "Wait here." She ordered.

"Mom? Mom, what's going on? What is this?" Clarke asked tearfully, giving her mother a hug.

Clarke has been in solitary for a year and hasn't seen her mother in a while. Me, well, both my parents were dead.

"They're killing us all, aren't they, reducing population to make more time for the rest of you?" I asked, keeping my cool on the outside, but freaking out on the inside.

"Girls, you are not being executed. You're being sent to the ground, all 100 of you."

"What? But it's not safe." Clarke told her. "No, no. We get reviewed at 18."

"The rules have changed. This gives you a chance to live. Your instincts will tell you to take care of everybody else first, just like your father, but be careful. I can't lose you, too. I love you so much." Abby told her daughter.

Suddenly, I felt something being shot into my back. I fell into the arms of one of the guards. He threw me over his shoulder. As I fell from consciousness, I heard Abby mutter something to Clarke.

"Earth, Clarke. You get to go to Earth."

-----------------------------

First chapter to the book. I hope you like this since I've been working really hard on it.

Song: battle scars
Artist: guy sebastian

^^ This song is kinda the theme for the book

You're probably thinking, how can she be working really hard if it's only the first chapter? Well, actually, I've already written the entire book. It's not a lot of chapters since it's only the first season. (Still not sure if I'm doing the second season in this book)

And this is already to long of an authors note so enjoy

Kisses