5. Earth Kills

One Year Ago

I sat on one of the chairs in Clarke's house. Chancellor Jaha and Wells were there as well as Clarke's dad. We were watching the soccer game and we all wore big smiles on our faces.

"See that? Here comes the momentum change." Clarke's dad, Jake said.

"Defence!" Clarke shouted.

"The defence is there."

"Serve it up."

Me, Clarke and Jake cheered as they scored. We high fived each other as we smiled at the screen.

"They're unbeatable." Jake stated.

"Prepare for the crushing defeat." I told Wells.

"It's not over yet." He said.

"Actually, it was over 147 years ago." Clarke said smugly.

"A technicality." Jaha muttered.

"No. You're going down." Jake stated.

"What'd I miss?" Abby asked, coming inside.

"Your husband, your daughter and Harley being obnoxious." Jaha tattled.

"Better play nice." Abby warned.

"Come on, get down the field, sure." Wells shouted.

"....Time waste. Hey baby."

Abby gave Jake a kiss on the cheek as smile grew on both their faces.

"Hi."

"So, I ran into Bennett when I was leaving the clinic and he had that systems analysis that you asked for." Abby whispered to Jake.

I tried not to listen but with them right behind me, I couldn't help it.

"This isn't going to last." Clarke stated with a smile on her face.

I felt Jake get up from beside me.

"What you're going now?" Abby asked.

"Just for a few minutes." He said giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Everything okay?" Thelonious asked.

"Oh, yeah. You know this old boat. It's always something." Jake said, before opening the door and leaving.

Present

I sat next to Clarke, helping her with Jasper. I held the watch as she checked his pulse. Jasper was moaning in pain. I rubbed his head, moving the hair out of his face.

"His pulse is 380." Clarke whispered.

Jasper moaned again, louder this time.

"Go back to sleep!" Someone from below yelled.

"Quiet!"

"Don't listen to them." I whispered as I continued to rub his head. "You're going to make it through this, okay? Promise."

"Can he just die already?"

"Can you shut up already?" I retorted.

"Can you get me some clean water, Harley?" Clarke asked.

I nodded my head as she passed me a cup. I climbed down the ladder and exited the drop ship. I walked outside planning to go get water when I heard someone scream.

"No!" They shouted. It continued.

A confused look passed over my face as I followed the sound. That's when I saw a little girl, who looked no older than 13, sleeping against a tree, thrashing in her sleep. I put my arms on her and shook her.