47. Coup de Grace

"Finn! Stop kicking me!" I shouted.

It was early morning and I was very much enjoying my sleep when I was rudely awakened by Finn, who was kicking me in the shins. To say that I was annoyed would be an understatement.

"It's time to get going," he said.

"Just five more minutes."

I rolled over, pulling the blanket over my head. Before I could get warm, the blanket was ripped off my body and I was left in the cold. I hit the bed in frustration, sitting up to glare at Finn.

"Get up."

"You know, if you were still alive, I would soooo kill you right now." I muttered.

"Stop being a drama queen and just get up."

"I am not a drama queen!"

"Oh really? Look at how you're behaving right now."

"I really thought that your death would finally bring me some peace, but now I hate you more than ever."

"And here I thought we were finally becoming friends," he said sarcastically.

"Well we were until you kicked me."

"You had to get up!"

"No, you kicked me for your own selfish reasons! You can't see Clarke anymore, and the only time you get to see her is when you follow me around." I retorted, finally getting out of the bed.

Finn scoffed and rolled his eyes, "I did not!"

"Okay, say that to my face."

He turned to look at me and bit the inside of his cheek. He sighed in annoyance and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't an idiot, I knew exactly what he wanted. Mostly because if I was a ghost who was apart of someone's imagination, I'd make them spend a lot of time with Bellamy. I told Finn to turn around as I got dressed. Once I was ready, I headed outside to find Clarke and Lexa, and a grounder pointed me in the direction of Clarke's tent. I walked inside without announcing myself, and whatever conversation they were having ended as they looked over at me. Realizing that I wasn't a guard, they smiled and Clarke beckoned for me to join them.

"Good morning." I said.

"Harley it's noon." Clarke said, glancing at me.

"Exactly. Good morning."

Clarke rolled her eyes before looking back down at the table. That's when I noticed a map.

"You will be taking this trek along with a few of my riders for protection." Lexa said.

"But it's a different trek from the way we usually go home." I commented.

"That's so you don't get stopped along the way by any threats. It's just a precaution, Harley." Lexa said.

"It's a smart idea." Clarke said.

"When do we leave?" I asked.

"As soon as you have breakfast." Lexa said, rolling up the map and handing it to Clarke.

"Alrighty then." I muttered, turning around and leaving the tent.

I heard footsteps behind me and assumed Clarke was following me. When I exited the tent, my eyes landed on Finn, but his eyes weren't on me. They were focused on something behind me, and it just confirmed my suspicion that it was Clarke.

"Let's go get you some food." Clarke said, falling into step beside me.

"I've got that covered." I said.