37. Fog of War

Two Days Later

I smoothed my hands over the map I had of Mount Weather. Bellamy sat in front of me, with a confused look on his face. I had just tried to explain what Mount Weather was like but Bellamy didn't fully understand.

"Okay, tell me again." Bellamy said.

"It's a labyrinth. We got to the dam through this tunnel. It's all connected to the mine system. That's our way in," I said, pointing at the map of Mount Weather.

"Sure, if we can get past the reapers and the mountain men. I swear to god, if Abby doesn't sanction a mission soon, I'm going by myself." He said.

"You won't be by yourself." I said.

Bellamy smiled and I smiled back. I looked behind him to see Finn and Murphy walking out of the Ark. Bellamy turned to his head and saw what I was looking at.

"Guess the inquisition's over," Bellamy said. "How's Finn doing, anyway? I mean you must have talked to Clarke."

"I have no idea. Clarke hasn't talked to him since we got back. I don't blame her," I shook my head, thinking of the memory. "He just kept shooting."

"We're at war, Harley. We've all done things."

"But I've never killed a kid. Have you?" I asked.

I know we've done things all in the sake of keeping our people alive. And we've had to make hard decisions. But I would never hurt a kid, and neither would Bellamy or Clarke. Kids are off limits, even to psychopaths.

"Hey," a new voice said.

I looked behind Bellamy to see Finn. I sighed as I looked at Bellamy. He shot me a sympathetic look.

"Next rounds on me," he said, getting up.

Finn took a seat. His eyes dropped down to the map.

"Mount Weather?" He asked. I nodded my head. "What's the plan?"

"Still working on it." I said .

"Harley, please talk to me. Clarke won't. And I know she had to have told you something."

I just stared at him. Finn let out an frustrated sigh and ran his hands through his hair. He took a seat and I crossed my arms across my chest. He was about to say something but got cut off by Murphy.

"Ah, check it out, salvaged Monty's stash from the drop ship," Murphy said, sitting in between Finn and I. "Now, I guess, you know, if they could just salvage Monty, huh?"

I gave Murphy a look.

"Easy. It was just a joke." Murphy looked in between Finn and I. "Okay. You, uh, you tell her we were cleared?"

"No," Finn said.

"Well, it looks like our pardon for surviving includes our time on the ground. Now bugged fish to fry, I guess." Murphy said.

"We did what we had to do." Finn stated.

"Yes, you killed a boy because you had to. You didn't have to do anything, Finn. He was harmless and he just wanted to get away. Now the blood is on your hands." I snapped.

"I got to go," Finn said, getting up and leaving.

"Harley. Beat it, Murphy." Raven said, coming into view.

"Well, then, have a good one." Murphy said, leaving.

Raven sat down in front of me, a smile on her face.