35. Human Trials

My eyes opened and they landed on the ceiling. I searched the room with my eyes and they landed on Abby.

I had to do a double take. I couldn't believe that she was standing in front of me. I thought I was in heaven, but I was feeling too much pain to be in heaven right now. Tears brimmed my eyes as I got to the realization that she was real.

"I need saline and a pressure dressing." Abby ordered.

"I'm on it." Jackson said.

"Abby? How..? I saw your ship crash." I choked out.

"I wasn't on it." Abby said.

"Where's Clarke? Where's Clarke?" I asked, trying to sit up.

"She's fine. She's next door sleeping." Abby informed me, softly pushing me back down.

Jackson handed her what she asked for. Abby placed it softly to my wound.

"Is she alright?" A guard asked, coming into the room.

"She will be." Abby said.

You could tell she was pissed. Her jaw was clenched and you could see the anger in her eyes.

"I'm sorry ma'am. We had no idea who she was." She said. Her eyes landed on me. "Where have you been?"

"Byrne..." Abby said sternly.

"Mount Weather." I said.

"The grounders took you to Mount Weather?" Byrne asked.

"No. The mountain men. We have to get them out." I said, sitting up.

My shoulder was killing me but I ignored it.

"We're not doing this right now." Abby said.

"Yes, ma'am." Byrne said.

She turned around and left the room. Abby nodded at Jackson. He took that as his cue to leave.

"Did anyone else make it here?" I asked.

"Yes. 6 of you did." Abby told me.

"Finn and Bellamy?"

Abby nodded her head. I sighed in relief. He's alive.

He's alive.

I started crying, relieved that he was alright. I don't know what I would have felt if she told me that he wasn't here. Actually, I know exactly how I would've felt.

"I thought they were dead." I whispered. "I thought they were dead. They're my family."

Abby wrapped her arms around me.

"I'm glad you're okay." She said, kissing my head softly.

"You too."

~*~

I woke up and saw Clarke sitting by my bed. Her hands were interlaced together and pressed against against her lips.

"Finally." She muttered, dropping her hands to her side.

"You're okay." I said, sitting up.

I cringed in pain. It still hurt. I pulled down the side of the dress and looked at the bullet wound. It was stitched together with black string. Next to the bed, the bullet sat in a tin bowl.  I looked back at Clarke.

"I'm fine. Nice to see you're okay too." Clarke said. I swung my legs off the bed and slid off the bed. "You're just like me."

"What?"

"You know you should be resting, yet you just want to get out there."

"Well I want to get our friends back." I said as we walked out of the tent.