7. Murphy's Law

I sat there, in front of Wells grave, beside Clarke. We were silent as we sat at the grave our best friend was buried. People have been saying a grounder killed him. It makes the most sense considering he was outside the wall when he was killed. Killed.

Clarke whipped around quickly, pulling a knife out. I didn't even hear anyone come. I turned around and saw Finn.

"You two shouldn't be out here alone." Finn said. "What if I was a grounder? They got Wells just outside the wall."

"Says the guy who just spent another night exploring the woods all by himself." I retorted.

"Yeah but here's the think Harley, I'm reckless and irresponsible." I rolled my eyes at him. "I got you something."

I knew he wasn't talking to me. Never the less, I turned around to see what he was giving Clarke. I was surprised when he pulled out a pencil. Clarke gasped in surprise.

"Where did you get this?"

"The art supply store." He said.

Clarke's happy moment turned into a sad one, "I know when we were kids..."

"Clarke..." I said getting up and going beside her.

She shook her head in sadness, like she wanted to say the memory aloud.

"Wells was always giving me ink, charcoal, just anything I could draw with, really."

"Yeah. He was trading his own stuff to give it to you," I said with a small laugh. "He didn't want you to know that either." I told her, referring to the secret about her mother.

"He let me hate him so that I wouldn't hate my mother." She said, tears coming to her eyes.

"I know." Finn said softly.

I pulled Clarke in for a hug and she immediately wrapped her arms around me. She buried her head into my shoulder and cried. I rubbed her back, trying to soothe her.

"My mother killed my father." She cried out.

"I know." I whispered to her.

Clarke pulled away and wiped away her tears.

"Just wish there was something I could do. To tell her I know. Make her feel what I'm -"

She stopped. A look came onto her face and I knew what that meant. Clarke walked past both Finn and I.

"Where you going?" Finn asked.

"To make her feel it." She said angrily.

I shared a look with Finn.

"This won't be good." I told him.

"I figured that out the moment she started walking."

"Come on." I said, grabbing his wrist and dragging him with me after Clarke.

~*~

I stood by the door with Finn as I Monty took Clarke's wristband off. Her mom is definitely, going to feel pain.

"Yes! I did it. It's still operational." Monty said excitedly.

Clarke smiled and got up, making her way over to us. Finn and I both gave her a disapproving look.

"What? Monty needed a working wristband." Clarke defended.

"And you needed to punish your mother." Finn said.

She scoffed, "look, they're running out of air, and we need their help. My mother thinking I'm dead is only temporary."

"Not if I can't patch through to the drop ship mainframe." Monty informed us. He turned around. "I can do it. We'll be talking to the Ark by nightfall."