25. We Are Grounders: Part 2

Raven screamed again. Finn was by her side, holding her hand. I stood there, biting my nails. I was worried for Raven. But I knew she'd make it. She's a survivor.

"That should stop the external bleeding." Clarke said, after removing the burning blade from her skin.

"How did Murphy get a gun?" Finn asked.

"Long story." Bellamy said.

"We got lucky. If Murphy hit the fuel tank instead of me, we'd all be dead." Raven said.

"Wait, there's rocket fuel down there?" I asked. Raven nodded her head. "Is there enough to build a bomb?"

"Enough to build 100 bombs." She said. "If we had any gunpowder left."

"Let's get back to the reapers." Bellamy said. "Maybe they'll help us. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, right?"

"Not this enemy." Clarke said. "We saw them. Trust me, it's not an option."

"There's no time for this. Can she walk or not?" Finn asked.

"No. We have to carry her." Clarke told him.

"The hell you will. I'm good to go." Raven said, trying to get up.

"Hey, listen to me. That bullet is still inside you. If by some miracle, there's no internal bleeding, it might hold until we get somewhere safe. But you are not walking there. Is that clear?" Clarke told her.

Raven nodded her head and laid back down.

"I'll get the stretcher." Finn said, leaving.

"Can't run away fast enough, huh? Real brave." Bellamy said.

Finn walked back over to us. "Dying in a fight you can't win isn't brave, Bellamy, it's stupid."

"Spoken like every coward who's ever run from a fight." Bellamy said.

"Alright, that's enough." I said, stepping in between them.

"It's time to go." Clarke said.

"If they follow?" Bellamy asked. "It's a 120 mile walk to the ocean."

"Look, we're wasting time. If he wants to stay, he can stay." Finn said, leaving the drop ship.

"No, he can't." Clarke said, chasing after him.

I turned to look at Bellamy.

"We can't do this without you, Bellamy." I said.

"What do you want me to say, Harley?" He asked.

"I want you to say that you're with us. I don't want to leave but if we want to be a team we have to. Those kids out there, they listen to you."

"They're lining up to go. They listen to you and Clarke more."

"She gave them an easy choice. But five minutes ago, they were willing to fight and die for you. You inspire them. I'm afraid we're gonna need that again before this day is through." I said.

I turned around and left him standing in the drop ship.

"Hey." I heard a voice call.

I looked to my left and saw Octavia walking towards me.

"Hey."

"I'm sorry, about earlier." She said.

"Oh, the part where you gave me up to the psychopath?" I asked.