48. Hey, you there?

An hour later, Raven and I had completed the job, and she had gone back to her room to keep working on the radio. I would have gone with her, but Abby asked me to stay with her as she cleaned up the man to make sure that everything went smoothly. Seeing as how there are never any mistakes when Raven and I do something together, I wasn't surprised that there were no complications. Kane had joined us now, and the three of us stood outside the airlock, watching the man as he slept.

"You two did a good job." Kane said, glancing at me. "The airlock is radiation free. When will he wake up?"

"I don't know." Abby admitted. "Soon. Our blood heals them. It's incredible."

So that's how they got him to heal so fast.

"That's why they're in trouble in Mount Weather." I said, looking between Abby and Kane.

"My kid is in trouble." She looked at me. "You're in trouble."

Marcus looked at us, not knowing what she meant.

"They tried to kill us today." I said softly, shuddering at the memory.

"They missed." Kane reassured me. That didn't do much to shake my nerves though.

"Maybe. But next time they might not." I shook my head. "I'm going to go get Clarke. He should be waking up soon."

As I walked away, I could briefly here Marcus and and Abby.

"The Grounders look at Harley like she's our leader. And Mount Weather sees Clarke and Harley as our leaders too."

"Those two are holding this alliance together, and without that, the war is lost." Kane said.

"I didn't know I'd lose my two daughters over it." She said.

I couldn't hear the rest of their conversation as I turned the corner. I went outside and wandered around, trying to figure out where Clarke might be. My body took me to the room that Raven kept the radio in. To no surprise, I saw Clarke standing there with Octavia by her side.

"Hey." I said. They both looked over at me, and Clarke shot me a sympathetic look.

"Nothing." Octavia said, assuming that's why I came.

"It's still early, right?" I asked.

"Yeah." Octavia agreed, but the look on her face told me otherwise. I turned my attention onto Clarke, remembering why I came here in the first place.

"He should be waking up soon. We should head over there." I said.

Clarke nodded her head and followed me out. The walk to the airlock was quiet, and I knew she had something on her mind. I knew her all too well. I couldn't take the silence anymore and eventually spoke.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" She asked, keeping her face ahead, void of emotion.

"Because we were the targets of an assassination today." I said.

"It's just war. Nothing I can't handle."

"Clarke, I have been your best friend since, well, forever. On the outside, you're okay but I know that on the inside, you're not."