30. Caged

Everyone stared at Clarke and I as we walked into the room. Jasper came over to us.

"What did President Wallace say?" Jasper asked.

"He showed us Shaw's body. It looked like an arrow wound." Clarke answered.

"Well, maybe because it is an arrow wound." Jasper said.

"Or that's what they want us to think." I said in a hushed tone.

Jasper gave us an exasperated look. He was probably the most naive out of the bunch. Why, you ask? Well it's because he has a crush. And those feelings are clouding his judgment.

"What? They could have doctored it." Clarke said.

"You two, sound like a crazy person. Why do you want to screw this up for us?" Jasper asked.

"I don't know what this is." Clarke said.

"This is....safe. This is food, a real bed, clothes and my personal favourite - not getting speared by grounders. How long do you think they'll let us stay here if you two keep this up?" Jasper asked.

"Did someone threaten you?" I asked.

"No. No. It's common sense. Look. We're guests here, not prisoners. What would you do with a guest who kept calling you a liar and generally acted like an ungrateful ass?" Jasper said.

"Kick that ungrateful ass out." Miller said from his bed.

"Right now, biggest threat to us is you two." Jasper said.

He looked at us, before walking away.

"Maybe we should listen to him." Clarke sighed. "I mean, just because we have something against this place doesn't mean we should ruin it for everyone else."

"I agree." I said.

"You do?" Clarke asked.

"Yeah. I mean look around. Everyone's happy except us. Let's not ruin this for them."

~*~

I sat at the table, across from Monty. He was shuffling some cards. We were playing a game. I didn't even know how to play but yet I kept winning.

"This is fun." Monty said.

"Yeah." I said. "Because I'm kicking your ass."

"I hate you."

"You love me more then life."

Monty snorted.

"Yeah, right."

"Well who's your other love? Harper?" I asked, winking at him.

"What about you, Harley. Who's your love?" He asked, jokingly.

"You and only you." I joked.

"Harley, you're making me blush."

"Awe." I cooed, squeezing his cheeks.

"You're annoying."

"I've been annoying since the first day I was born. I've been like this from the first day you met me. You can blame yourself for deciding to stay friends with me after all this time."

"Because I love your weirdness. I love how you can be so weird and childish, yet be one of the best mechanics on the Ark."

"Raven, is the smartest." I said.

"Fine, then you are second smartest," he corrected.

I smiled. "Damn right I am."

"You're a dork." Monty chuckled.