26. The Battle

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened with Bellamy. It was distracting me, causing me to take more time.

He kissed me. Bellamy Blake, kissed me.

My heart was still beating furiously against my chest. I couldn't control my breathing or the happiness that was radiating off of me.

I used to read a lot on the Ark. All types of different books. When I was younger, I would love reading these books that they called fairy tales. The ones where the princesses would find their true love and live happily ever after. Well I felt like one of those princesses. I might get my happy ending.

If I can get this ship to blast off. I shook my head and put my focus back on the work I was doing. My hands moved quickly and I didn't think, I just moved.

"Got the good wire ready to graft on." I shouted up to Raven. I got no answer. "Raven?"

I climbed up the ladder to see Raven laying unconscious on the floor. I ran to her side and checked her pulse. She was still alive. I let out a sigh of relief.

"They've broken through! There's hundreds of them!" Someone shouted through the walkie. "They're heading for the gate! Game over, man!"

I could hear the gunshots from outside and the fighting. This wasn't going to end well for both parties.

"I can do this." I told myself, climbing back down. "Current to magnet to valve to barbecue." I repeated that as I continued working.

Suddenly, I heard an explosion. I worked even quicker. I heard more shouting. But this didn't sound like grounders. They sounded like something else.

My curious mind thought of endless variables. What could it be? Who could it be?

Harley, get back to work! They're counting on you!

I let out a deep breath. I can do this. I'm all they got. If I fail right now, it will cost the lives of everyone here. Everything above me got louder. I quickly poked my head through the door to see everyone who wasn't a shooter, in the drop ship. I've got to work quicker. I finished in no time. Let's hope this works.

"Clarke, they're taking down the gate." Miller said.

I climbed out.

"Good. Because I did it." I said.

"I'm closing that door!" Miller said.

"Wait! We've still got people out there." Clarke said, going outside. "Bellamy's not back yet."

My eyes widened and I ran outside just to see the grenades go off. I smiled to myself. Those grenades were my idea.

"Alright, Jasper, get everybody, get inside now!" Clarke shouted.

The grounders were shooting their arrows. Clarke and Finn hid behind a stack food. Thankfully, it was the sack of food where I hid my bow and arrows. I pulled them out, and started shooting at the grounders.

An arrow landed in the middle of a Grounders head. It fell back and laid there. I smirked and continued shooting.

"Where did you get a bow and arrows?" Finn asked.

"I made it myself." I replied.

"How did you learn how to shoot so well?" Clarke asked.

"Hidden talent?"

"Keep shooting, you're actually hitting them." Clarke said.

I kept shooting at the grounders. I was running out of arrows though. I needed more.