S2 Episode 5: Garbage In, Garbage Out

"Something is truly rotten in the city of Detroit.", the reporter spoke, as he showed trash all around. "Trash bots are malfunctioning all over town, all due to a contract dispute between city hall and Sumdac Systems. Acting as CEO, Porter C. Powell had this to say, "until this contract is settled, Sumdac Systems is not required to service the city's trash bots". In the meantime, garbage is piling up and tempers are flaring up all over Detroit.", the reporter spoke, as a banana and egg was thrown of his head. 

Powell then turned in his seat to face his two employees. "I think Detroit is ready for a new approach to waste management. Dazzle me.", Powell said. 

One man threw some garbage on the floor. "As you can see, we manage to work out the kinks in Professor Sumdac's nano technology. Re-purposing these nano bots into trash consuming micro bots. And the best part is we can manufacture them at a fraction of the cost of the old trash bots.", the man stated. 

"And charge the city even more for them, I'll make a tidy little profit and be a hero, too.", Powell added. Meanwhile, the Autobots and Serenity were actually doing something about the trash that was there right now. 

Optimus was backing a trailer of trash to the barge, while Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Prowl put it in the boat. "This is even less dignifying than repairing space bridges. Not to mention extremely unpleasant on the old factory sensors.", Prowl spoke in disgust. 

"Not only that, it smells bad.", Sari complained. "Well, that maybe, but this is still a good opportunity to mend some strain human bot relations.", Optimus spoke, while transforming. 

"Yeah! Who knows? Maybe when the humans start trusting us again, they even may start liking us again, too.", Bumblebee spoke with confidence. While this conversation was going on, Serenity and Ratchet were trying to pick up some of the trash on the street. 

Ratchet found a car, much to an older man's displeasure. "Hey, that's my car! Put it down you now!", the man shouted out. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!", Ratchet spoke, in a uncaring tone, as he was about to dropped it into the water. "Wait Ratchet!", Serenity called out, trying to get to the car. 

But, it was too late, as he dropped it into the water. Serenity then dove in trying to get it. 

"You! You are going to pay for that! All you lousily alien machines are going to pay, I swear!", the man yelled out, as Serenity came out of the water. She then puts the wet car up on shore, before watching the two argue. 

"Huh, what do you know? There's a human version of Ratchet.", Serenity mumbled. "Hey! You're the one who parked that thing underneath a trash heap!", Ratchet yelled out, while stomping and making the man fall down. 

"Now listen up, you over grown vacuum cleaner! That trash heap wasn't there when I parked it!", the man yelled back. Ratchet then picked up the man by the shirt. 

"And how is that my fault!?", Ratchet yelled out. "Hey! You put me down! I know my rights! I'm calling the cops! Or a tow truck!", the man yelled out, while struggling to get free. 

"Ratchet, come on. Please put him down. We are all tired and a little bit cranky from the clean up. We don't need to make it any worse.", Serenity spoke, while trying to grab Ratchet's hand. "Nah, uh! Not until I teach him a lesson in respect.", Ratchet spoke, while moving the human away from her. 

"Okay. Maybe liking us is no much to ask for with Ratchet around.", Bumblebee commented, while watching the scene unfold. Then, Captain Fanzone showed up. 

"You! Quite harassing the Autobots! And you! Put down the citizen!", Fanzone ordered. Ratchet then puts down the human. 

"The city will cover the damages to your vehicle, Sir. Now, I suggest you go about your business.", Fanzone spoke, while helping the man up. "Thank you, Captain.", Serenity spoke with a sigh of relief.