S3 Episode 9: Breaking and Healing

Elita-1 looked was at the computers. No one, besides Optimus and Serenity, talked to her.

Even Optimus and Serenity were distant at times. The sound of peed steps brought her attention out.

She looked behind her and saw Bumblebee. He looked at her and scowled, starting to walk away.

"Bumblebee...", Elita-1 said, reaching out her hand. Bumblebee snapped his head to look at her and Elita-1 realized nothing she said would make up for what she did.

Not now at least, maybe never. Bumblebee then continued his way out, not saying anything.

"Poor Bumblebee...", Harvester whispered, while standing next to Bulkhead and handing him his sketching designs for the ground bridge. "Yeah, I've never seen him this way.", Bulkhead agreed, pausing his work to look at his friend.

"He lost someone very important to him. I know what that is like.", Violet said, walking into the room. Bulkhead then narrowed his optics at Elita-1, who had her back turned to them.

"It's all her fault! How could Serenity and Optimus allow her to stay with us?", Bulkhead whispered. But, what he didn't know it that Elita-1 heard him and she lowered her head slightly.

"She wasn't completely in her right mind. Ratchet did a scan on her processor and found that the organic mutation had worked its way into her brain.", Harvester whispered back. "Yeah? Well, I don't think Bumblebee will ever be that same. She not only killed Jetstar, she killed Bumblebee, too.", Bulkhead whispered.

Elita-1 couldn't take anymore, before transforming. She headed out of the base.

She didn't know where she was going. True, she had reached her goal of becoming a robot again.

She hadn't counted the cost of it. Now, she no longer belonged on Earth or Cybertron.

"Maybe I should just go to a distant planet somewhere.", Elita-1 said to herself. She found herself at the docks.

Before transforming, she looked out to Dinobot Island. The only place she had been excepted.

"Elita?", Serenity called out. She turned around to see Serenity standing there.

"What are you doing?", Serenity asked. Elita-1 turned back to look at the island.

"Thinking.", Elita-1 replied. That was all she answered.

Serenity then stood by her, not talking. "You miss her, too?", Elita-1 asked, although it was more of a statement.

"Yeah, no point in denying it.", Serenity said. "It's all my fault! How can you even stand to be around me?", Elita-1 asked, while turning away.

Serenity then grabbed her hand. "Elita, I'm not going to honey coat this. This is going to be hard... For everyone. Not just you. I miss her... I miss Bumblebee. But, I also missed you. When you were taken from us. Things may never be the same as they were. But with time, they may get better.", Serenity told her.

Elita-1 pulled her hand away and looked out again. "You know, back in that cave, I said some pretty hurtful things to you. I was jealous that you had Optimus and I had no one. You even had Sentinel... Not that anyone wanted him.", Elita-1 said.

Serenity gave a dry laugh at that. "But, I let that hurt control me. It was my fault that we landed on that planet. You and Optimus both wanted to go back. But, I pushed you forward. And, if I was in Optimus' position, I probably would have done the same thing.", Elita-1 admitted.

Serenity put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "I think we are all to blame for a little bit of it. But, we shouldn't dwell on it. We have a chance to make things right now.", Serenity said.