Chapter 20: Glimpse of the past

3rd person POV:
Junko who is sitting on the chair in the mastermind room are deep in thought.

She is thinking about the miracle Onigawara Shin has just pulled. She is sure that no doubt, he is having a certain amount of Heavenly Luck from a certain boring Lucky Student.

Junko: (So that is why he managed to survive with that many injuries. That boring guy definitely did something.)

And even if Junko wants, she can't check Utsuro's killing game because she deleted it by herself.

Junko: (This feeling... So despairful!! I have used 3 motives and they all failed. This will be a matter of time before the fourth motive fails again.)

She knows it, she knows that Shin can pull it through.

Junko: (Still... Something isn't not right. He is acting something differently from the past. And he even lied about his talent and make me redid the motive video. More importantly, he didn't even change when he knew his dear Shion no longer exists.)

Junko: (Truly strange... Also, he has said something interesting earlier too.)

Junko checks the security camera again.

Junko: (He definitely said something about risking everything to have meaningful life... Is he really the same person?)

FLASHBACK:

Shin: Stop following us Enoshima.

Junko: Oops!! It seems that I got found out!!

?????: Nii-sama, who is this?

Shin: Ah, Shion. She is...

Junko: Hello there, Shin-kun's sister!! I'm Enoshima Junko-chan!!! The one and the only despaiful Ultimate Fashinonista!!

Shin: Still with the despair crap huh? Just give up already. Also where is Ikusaba, she should be with you.

Junko: Huh? Just ignore her, she is with her dear Naegi Makoto right now.

Shion: Wait, you are Enoshima Junko?? I'm your fan!! Can I get your autograph??

Junko: Sure!! If Shin-kun's sister said so... I will decline!!!!

Shion: Heh???

Junko: Just kidding!! You don't know how despairful face you have showed!!

Shion: She sure is unique...

Shin: Yep, I even wonder what the hell is she actually.

Junko: Who else am I? I'm...

Shin: Ok ok, stop. I don't want to hear the D word anymore. What do you want anyways?

Junko: I just heard about your sister coming here!! So of course I want to pay a visit!!

Junko: Anyways, she seems interesting... I never heard that your sister needs to use a wheelchair ya know?

Shin: That is not a thing I would like to talk about.

Junko: So... My offer stands ya know!! She can join too!! The Ultimate Genius sure sounds interesting!!

Shin: I said it right, I declined. I don't even what have you smoked when you want me to help you destroy the world. Snap out of it, this is real life, not a fucking manga.

Junko: Oh come on!! I swear it will be interesting!! You guys can even make your life better with despair!!

Shin: No is still no. Also I am content with my life now.

Junko: Content?

Shin: After graduating here, I can have a happy life with Shion. Also I have made many good friends in this place. What can I ask more?