Chapter 28: Preparation for the party

1st person POV:
I sigh... At least you should lock your door first!! Well, it's not like anyone who will come inside... Oh there is... Teruteru.

I lock the door for Ibuki and head out to the park.

.

"Oi, Mioda your key."

"Ah, thanks Oni-chan!!"

"So... What is with the atmosphere..."

"Uh-oh... this's bad, isn't it? Such disagreeable atmosphere! 'Kay, got it! This is where Ibuki pitches in, performs a song and raises everyone's spirit!"

"But, um, somehow she gets the feeling this isn't really the place for that."

"..."

"Hey, Kuzuryuu... for the time being, how about calming down a little?" Hajime says

"Don't say my name so lightly! You have no idea of the world I come from, do you? Where I'm from, it's kill or be killed... Those have always been the rules I've had to live with."

"Hell, those new rules Monobear set up are much easier for me than Monomi's 'Let's be friends' crap!"

"Oh, give me a break! I'm getting really angry!" Mahiru shouts

"You bitch, don't treat me like a kid!"

"Stop it. This petty namecalling is getting us nowhere." Peko states

"Shut up! Why should I join this farce where we all pretend to be friends?! Hey, if anyone wants to test me, just step forward. I'll kill you here and now..."

"And?" I step forward

"W-what?"

"And join a 1 minute trial then die like an idiot? What kind of Yakuza are you?"

"Don't you dare challenging me!!!"

"Shut up, the word 'kill' isn't meant to be used lightly like that even if you are... No especially you are a Yakuza so you shouldn't use it lightly."

"You..."

"That's enough. Kuzuryuu... I understand the way you think. I do not mean to simply discredit that way of thinking. There was a time I thought the same way, after all..."

"Are you gonna treat me like a kid too?"

"But, as Onigawara said what do you think is going to happen if you recklessly kill someone? If you can't hide your deeds, you are going to be executed. Or perhaps... that is what you want?"

"Is this just a roundabout way to commit suicide so you can escape our predicament? Because that... would be childish."

"You... You...!!"

"Listen well! As long as we're on this island, I will not let anyone die! Under my watch, there will be not a single victim! That includes you, Kuzuryuu. I will not allow you to die!"

"W...What's up with you...?! Don't act so pretentiously...!"

"You're right. Had I been your average person, this would be nothing but talk."

"But I am no average person. I am Togami Byakuya. And I can make it happen!"

"Kupiiii! This is so cool Ibuki's going numb!!"

"Hoh hoh! I am in complete agreement!"

"I...I don't care what you say... I'm going to do whatever I like..."

"Of course. You may do as you please. But, always remember the words I just said."

"'I will not let anyone die'. This is the duty I charged myself with."