(10) Rising Pulse

Stiles and Alex were sitting in class. Scott suddenly came in and sat behind Stiles.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asked once he sat down.

"Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay?" Scott asked.

A few nights ago at the parent/teacher conference, a mountain lion was at the school, and Stiles dad was hit by one of the cars.

"I mean, it's just a bruise, right?" Scott asked. "Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big?"

Stiles still didn't say anything. Alex would've answered Scott but she didn't feel like it was her place at that time.

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" Scott continued. "Okay. What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and... that I went to Derek for help?"

Stiles looked intrigued but he was very stubborn.

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously I'm not talking to you." Stiles said without turning around.

As the bell rang Scott started taking his stuff out and Stiles got ready to write with his pencil.

Alex just payed attention, waiting for Stiles to turn around which she knew he would.

"What did he say?" Stiles asked as he turned around. Alex scoffed and Scott grinned.

§{~}§

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asked Scott once class was over.

"Yeah." Scott said.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually one of us." Stiles commented.

"Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea either." Alex told Scott.

"I know." Scott answered. "That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it."

"Well how is he gonna teach you to do that?" Alex questioned.

"I don't know, I don't think he does either." Scott said.

"Okay. When are you seeing him again?" Stiles asked.

"Just told me not to talk about it." Scott continued. "Just act normal and get through the day."

"When?" Stiles stopped him.

"He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work." Scott told them.

"After work. All right, well, that gives us to the end of the school day then." Stiles said.

"To do what?" Scott asked confused.

"To teach you ourselves." Alex told him.

§{~}§

"The what of who?" Lydia questioned Allison at lunch.

The three girls were sitting together listening to Allison talk about some family legend.

"The beast of Gevaudan. Listen." Allison continued.

"A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France, during the year 1764 to 1767." Allison read from her book. "La Bête killed over 100 people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XV, sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it."

"Boring." Lydia commented.

"Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan." Allison continued.