(22) Peter Hale

Scott and Allison were on the climbing wall during P.E and Stiles and Alex stood below them watching, waiting for their turn.

Suddenly Allison kicked Scott's leg and he fell down now dangling by the harness and everyone laughed, especially Coach.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy." Coach laughed squatting down beside Scott. "Right?"

"All right, next two." Coach called out.

"Stilinski, Cooper, let's go. The wall." Coach told them and Stiles gave her an awkward smile, which she returned before they both started climbing.

Alex finished much faster then Stiles did and got down a good minute before him and Coach just sent Erica up next.

She looked hesitant and Alex gave her a comforting smile.

Erica started climbing and Stiles came back almost right after she started.

Alex could see she was struggling as she stopped about halfway up and started hyperventilating.

"Help, please..." Erica said and everyone moved closer.

"Erica." Coach called out. "Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear." Lydia commented. "She's just freaking out."

"Erica." Coach called out again and someone laughed.

"I'm fine." She said with a shaky voice.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know she's epileptic." Alex said.

"W-why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?" Coach exclaimed. "Epileptic? Erica, you're fine. Just- just kick off from, from the wall."

"There's a mat to catch you." Coach continued. "Come on."

Alex stood there tripping on her toes. She was worried about Erica. They used to be friends a few years ago but they grew apart.

Erica calmed down and kicked off gently from the wall.

"See, you're fine. You're on the ground." Coach said. "You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine."

Most of the people in class snickered as Erica left the gym. Alex followed her.

"Hey, Erica wait, are you okay?" She asked her and Erica stopped and turned around.

"Why would you care?" Erica asked.

"Why wouldn't I? We used to be close, and I still care about you even though we kind of just grew apart." Alex told her.

"Why are you just so damn perfect." Erica exclaimed in annoyance. "This is why we grew apart, we were too different, and other people started liking you and I just wasn't good enough for you anymore. Just leave me alone Alex, I don't want your sympathy."

Erica turned around and walked away.

"Erica wait-" Alex said but she had already walked away.

§{~}§

Alex realised after showering that she forgot her water bottle in the gym and she ran to go get it before class started.

She entered the gym only to find Erica on the wall seizing.

"Erica!" She called out and started running towards her but Scott and Stiles ran in front of her as Erica fell and Scott caught her as she seized on the ground.

"Put her on her side." Alex told them once she reached them. "Put her on her side."

"How'd you know?" Alex asked him.

"I just felt it." Scott said and Allison had appeared behind them too.

§{~}§

Alex was in the girls locker room texting Erica hoping she would respond when she heard a locker close and she jumped and looked around.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" She asked. No one answered.

She heard someone walking and she stood up just to see someone barefoot exiting the locker room.

"What the-" she whispered before following the person who just walked out.

"Hello? Who are you?" She called after the man who turned a corner in the hallway.

She ran after him to catch up. She probably wouldn't have followed him if she were thinking straight. But she wasn't. She had this strange feeling. Like something was making her follow him.

She stopped when she saw the man, who looked awfully familiar, stand by the trophy wall, before he walked away.

She went over to the wall only to meet Lydia on the way there.

"Holy- what are you doing here?" Alex asked her best friend.

"That man- he was in the girls bathroom and I- I followed him here, what about you?" Lydia asked when Alex looked really confused.

"But- he was just- I followed him too, from the girls locker room.." Alex explained. They both looked at each other in confusion before they both looked at the trophy wall and went over to where the man stood.

They saw a trophy with the name 'Peter Hale' standing there. Their breaths both became shaky as their memories of that night flooded back.

§{~}§

Alex walked into the cafeteria and saw Stiles talking to Boyd, she guessed it was about the rink.

"Okay. Thank you." Stiles smiled at Boyd as Alex passed the two of them.

"Nice to see you Boyd." Alex smiled at him and he smiled back at her.

The two teenagers walked over to Scott and they sat down.

"Got em." Stiles said. "Pick you up right after work tonight, and we'll meet at the rink, cool?"

Scott didn't answer however as he looked at the door way.

The other two turned in the direction only to see Erica, completely different and way more confident.

"What the holy hell is that?" Lydia slammed her hands down at their table.

"It's Erica." Alex stated in shock after Erica took an apple from a boy and took a bite.

Everyone in the room was looking at her as she left the room.

The three teenagers left the table leaving Lydia there alone.

The trio ran after Erica and exited the school to see Erica get into Derek's car smiling at them.