(52) Too close?

Alex had fallen asleep in the back of Allison's car. She was exhausted after the fight, it had drained all her energy so she had to sleep a LOT to get it back.

She still didn't have full control over her powers, which was why she got so tired after using them.

Lydia and Allison were talking up front. They were following Scott and Stiles to their cross country meet. Mostly because Allison was worried about Scott. They all were, but she was the one insisting they'd follow them.

A bump in the road woke her up.

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison asked in a high pitched voice.

"That depends." Lydia said while Alex sat up rubbing her eyes groggily. "Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah I should probably back off." Allison said in a whisper like voice.

"Well that also depends. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" Alex asked and the two girls realised she was awake.

"Well, morning sunshine." Lydia greeted the blonde who gave her a ironic smile.

"Well, after it happened I'm not letting him out of my sight."

"You do know that he is a werewolf, right?" Alex asked the brunette, raising her eyebrows at her as she leaned forward to join the conversation.

"Hey, this all started when he came knocking at my door." Allison defended herself.

"For what?" Lydia asked.

Allison zoned out for a bit. It seemed like she had a flashback to that night.

"Allison? You okay?" Alex put her hand on her shoulder, snapping her out of it.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Allison answered.

§{~}§

*a little while later*

"So is that whole "not let them out of your sight" thing literal or more like a general rule?" Lydia asked Allison.

"Why?"

"You're running on fumes." Alex told her.

"Ugh!"

"Yeah. And I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." Lydia commented.

"What if we stop?" Allison suggested.

"Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, so we lose them. We know where they're headed." Lydia shrugged.

"You didn't see what happened." Allison said and she met Alex's eyes in the mirror.

"I know who started it." Lydia mumbled.

"Is that what Aiden told you?" Allison asked.

"Aiden?" Lydia looked at the brunette amused before chuckling. "Whoa! Hold on a second. Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing?"

There was a short silence before Lydia broke it again.

"Oh, my gosh. You're keeping an eye on them and me."

"So there's nothing going on between you two?" Alex asked.

"I'm appalled by the insinuation." Lydia looked offended.

"Are you though?" Alex smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh you cannot say anything." Lydia gave her a look.

"Hey what did I do??" She looked at them flabbergasted.

"Do you want us to bring up Stiles or what?" Lydia retorted, and Alex raised her hands in surrender.

"So nothing?" Allison asked Lydia again.

"Nothing." Lydia zoned out after saying that and when she snapped back both girls were looking at her with grins on their faces.

"What?" She rolled her eyes.

The car slowed to a stop and they were stuck in a traffic jam.

*beep beep beep beep*

Lydia picked her phone up and saw that Stiles was calling. "Hey, Stiles. Yeah, we're just about to walk into a movie, you know, the popcorn and..."

Alex rolled her eyes at how bad she was lying to him.

"I know you guys are right behind us. Put me on speaker."

"Okay." Lydia mumbled and she put him on speaker.

"Okay look, Scott's still hurt."

"What do you mean still? He's not healing?" Allison asked.

"No, he's not healing. I think he's actually getting worse. The blood's turning like a black colour."

"Have you talked to Deaton?" Alex asked.

"No, he's not answering- wait, why are you in the car Allie? You said you'd be home resting." Stiles said accusingly and Lydia gave her a little smirk as she raised her eyebrows.

Alex just rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, but what are we gonna do about Scott?"

"We need to get him off the bus." Allison said.

"And take him where, a hospital?" Lydia questioned.

"If he's dying, yeah." Allison nodded.

"Or we could just take him to Deaton." Alex suggested but they didn't answer.

"Stiles, there's a rest area about a mile up. Tell the coach to pull over." Allison said.

"Yeah I've been trying."

"Well, reason with him." Allison continued.

"Reason?" Alex scoffed
"Reason? Have you met this guy?" Stiles raised his voice before lowering it quickly.

"Just try something, Stiles, you'll figure it out." Alex reassured him.

"Okay, don't think you're off the hook though Allie."

"Bye Stiles." Alex sighed and Lydia hung up.