(33) 2006 yearbook

"Oh, what the hell is this?" The sheriff said as he took a bite out of his burger and his son and his best friend took out food from a bag.

"Veggie burger." Stiles said, as he organised the food on the desk.

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." He told his son.

"Well, veggie is healthier." Stiles told him and Alex added. "We're being healthy." As they both held up salads as Mr. Stilinski opened the frybox only to find asparagus and carrots chopped up.

"Oh, he'll, why are you trying to ruin my life?" He asked in annoyance.

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please?"

"Okay, I expected this from him, but from you?" The sheriff pointed at Alex. "What did I ever do to you?"

"Sorry, Mr. Stilinski. You're gonna thank us later." She told him with an apologising smile.

She hadn't told Stiles what she and Lydia experienced in the Hale house, because she knew it would sound crazy. And even though she knew he would believe her, she didn't want to worry him.

"Now tell us what you found." Stiles told his father.

"No, I'm not sharing confidential police work with teenagers." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Stiles started studying the board behind him. "Is that it on the board behind you?" The sheriff glanced at it before turning back to see Stiles craning his neck to see it.

"Don't look at that." He told his son bluntly. "Aight." Stiles answered dismissively.

"Avert your eyes." He ordered.

"Okay." He whispered.

"Hey! Avert." The sheriff said, Alex was also looking at the board now trying to get details.

"It's just..." Stiles tried. "I see arrows pointing at pictures."

"Okay, okay, stop. Fine." The teenagers gave him their full attention. "I found something."

"Mechanic and the couple who were murdered. They all had something in common."

"All three?" Alex questioned.

"Yeah. You know what I always say." The sheriff said. "One's an incident. Two's a coincidence."

"Three's a pattern." Alex and Stiles said at the same time. Alex didn't notice, but Stiles gave her an admiring look.

"The mechanic, the husband, the wife. All the same age. All 24." The sheriff counted with his fingers.

"Wait a minute, what about Mr. Lahey?" Stiles said.

"Isaac's dad isn't anywhere near 24." Alex added.

"Which made me thing that either A, Lahey's murder wasn't connected, or B, the ages were a coincidence, until I found this, which would be C." Mr. Stilinski said, handing the teens a file and Stiles opened it for them to see. "Did you know that Isaac Lahey, had an older brother named Cameron?"

"Died in combat?" Stiles read aloud at the file who was marked with these exact words.

"But if he were alive today, take one guess as to how old he'd be." The sheriff said and the teens looked up in realisation.

"Twenty-four." The two said in unison.

The three of them stepped up to the board.

"What if same age means same class?" Alex questioned.