(53) Black vein

Stiles got everyone off the bus and onto the rest stop by making Jared throw up.

Stiles and Allison were helping Scott into the bathroom and Lydia and Alex followed closely.

Allison lifted Scott's shirt once he was seated on the floor. His blood was black, the wound wasn't healing and there were black veins growing from it.

"Oh my god. Why didn't you tell us?" Allison asked.

"Sorry." Scott said.

"Just give us a second, okay?" Allison told him before she stood up and started talking to the others.

"This shouldn't be happening. I've seen him heal from worse than this." Allison said.

"Okay, what do we do then? Do we just call an ambulance?" Stiles asked.

"We don't need one though. Alex, can you heal him?" Lydia asked her and the other turned to her.

"Well, I can try-"

"No your powers are drained, we don't know what will happen if you heal him." Stiles said.

"He could die Stiles, she should at least try." Allison said a bit aggravated.

"Well what if she dies? Did you think about that?" Stiles said.

"Hey, calm down. I'll be fine. I'm gonna try, and then if it takes too much energy, I'll stop, okay?" She put her arm on his and he looked at her, his face full of worry and hesitation.

She went over to Scott and kneeled down beside him.

"Still don't like this." Stiles mumbled in the background.

"Hey Scotty, how you feeling?" Alex asked him.

"Super." He chuckled but then he started coughing.

"I'm gonna try something, but I don't know if it'll work." She told him, and he nodded to let her proceed.

She put her hands above the wound and focused on the energy inside her. She tried projecting it out and a small ball of light came from her palm. It stayed there for a few seconds before it went out.

"It's okay, you tried." Scott smiled weakly at her as she stood up and walked back to the others before shaking her head.

"We have to do something." Allison said when she saw the defeated look on Alex's face.

"You know, it could be psychological." Lydia said.

"What do you mean, like psychosomatic?" Stiles asked.

"Somatoformic." Lydia corrected. When she saw the bewildered looks her friends were giving her she sighed.

"A physical illness from a psychogenic cause." Lydia explained and Stiles still didn't understand.

"Yes it's all in his head." Lydia said.

"All in his head?" Stiles asked.

"He's not letting himself heal because of Derek's death." Alex said.

"So what do we do?" Allison asked.

Lydia looked through her purse until she found a sewing kit. "Stitch him up."

Allison gave her a look that said *seriously?*.

"I'm serious. Maybe all he need to do is just believe it's healing.

§{~}§

"He's gonna need another shirt. Where's his bag?" Allison said as she got some stuff ready for the stitching.

"Um, I'm gonna get it. I hate needles anyways, so... Uh, do you know what you're doing?" Stiles asked her.

"Yeah, my father taught me." She answered as she sterilised the needle.

"I mean how fast are you gonna... I mean, the bus, like, the bus could leave." Stiles said.

"Okay, just make sure it doesn't leave." Allison told him.

"I can help. Come on." Lydia said pulling both Stiles and Alex with her.

"Oh- well okay then." Alex said as she was dragged outside.

Stiles came over to check on her once they were outside.

"Hey, are you okay? Did the healing affect you somehow?"

"Yeah, no, I'm fine. It wasn't too bad, it didn't take anything from me, since I didn't really have anymore to give." She tried to play it off as a joke, but it didn't really work.

"That sounded waaaayy funnier in my head. But seriously, I'm okay."

Stiles didn't really believe her, and he really wished they could switch powers so he could read her mind.

He just remembered what happened after the fight.