(50) Bullet

"It's not gonna hurt him is it?" A guy asked Deaton.

Scott and his boss were about to take some blood from a dog with a syringe and the dog's owner was with them.

"Just a little." Deaton answered as he prepared the syringe and Scott held the dog down so it wouldn't move. "But I usually find that it's the owners who feel the most pain."

Deaton finished with the dog and stepped away with the blood sample.

"All right. Well, we'll just check the stool sample for parasites, but my guess is that he probably just ate something he shouldn't have." Deaton told him as Scott lifted the dog up and put him down on the floor.

He checked his name tag as he and the owner crouched down with the dog.

"Got a cool name." Scott said.

"He's got two brothers at home named Beretta and Trigger." The owner told him. "Military family."

Scott scratched Bullet's, which is the name of the dog, stomach as he rolled over to his back wanting belly rubs.

"Looks like he knows who the Alpha is." The owner commented and Scott looked up at him shocked before realising he knew nothing about him and then gave him an awkward polite smile.

§{~}§

The guy and Bullet were outside, trying to go home when Bullet ran off. Meanwhile Scott was inside the clinic looking at the blood sample.

"Found something." He said and Deaton came over to him.

"Rinse it off." He told his student giving him a bottle and Scott poured it over what he found before giving it to Deaton.

"What is it?" Scott asked him.

Deaton brought it into the light as he examined it.

"Definitely poisonous for the dog. Actually for you as well."

"Wolfsbane?" Scott asked.

"Mistletoe." Deaton scrunched his eyebrows up.

Meanwhile outside Bullet's owner was looking for him.

"Bullet?" He called out for his dog walking into the alley where the dog ran off. "Come here Bullet."

"Come here Bullet." He repeated.

Suddenly something rolled on the ground and Bullet whimpered. The guy crouched down by the container where Bullets sounds were coming from.

"There you are." He said and looked down under the container. He patted the ground trying to make the dog come out. "Come on, Bullet."

He could see something moving under the container, but Bullet didn't come out so he reached his hand underneath sighing because he couldn't reach him.

He suddenly pulled his hand out feeling a sharp pain in his hand.

"Son of a bitch! Did you just bite me?" He sighed, but then he looked up, and on the other side of the valley, was Bullet, staring at him.

He crouched down again, confused, and with Bullet whimpering in the background he looked under the container as the creature under there spoke to him.

"Closer." An eerie voice said and, stupid as he was, he did. "Come closer. Closer."

Bullet was barking at this point and then suddenly the creature attacked.

Scott was inside the clinic and he heard Bullet's barking so he went outside to go check on it.

He came outside and saw the car still parked there and then Bullet came running towards him.