II - Hiding In Plain Sight

Y/N

I approached the tall, black, breath-taking walls of L'manberg after leaving the green man 'Dream' up on the hill, cold out.

I arrived at the gateway to be greeted by the ginger haired man, which I saw from on the hill earlier. Now I was closer I could make out his fox features from the light of the fire making his hair an even more vibrant colour.

"Y/N" I said, sticking my hand out to the man before he could say anything.
He looked down at my hand, then his eyes widened as he realised what I was doing.

"Oh.. Uh... Fundy" He shook my hand briefly "Nice.. Nice to meet you"
He gave me a small smile, which I returned but I could still sense he was nervous, cautious even.

"A real wandering warrior, I see" The sweet voice from earlier had made its way over to us. The man named Fundy stepped back allowing the taller man to speak to me.

"Yes, a wandering warrior, I guess you could call me that" I stuck my arm out again and the man gracefully took in into his own.

"Wilbur Soot" He shook my hand with a strong, but comforting grip.

"Welcome to L'manberg"

~~~

Wilbur had taken me over to the bonfire where I met the two boys, Tommy and Tubbo, and a man by the name of Eret. I don't trust Eret, he seems shady, but the rest seem to trust him.

I had already taken a likeness to this place, the people in it and the food, well, the food was delicious. I sat round the fire with them, chattering away. The blonde boy, Tommy was boisterous, 10 x louder than the smaller boy, tubbo next to him. Tubbo was sweet, his smile lights up his face, always thinking positive. They were such a contrast, yet had such a close bond.

Best friends, ying and yang, brothers from other mothers.

Tubbo yawned whilst leaning into Tommy, who inturn decided he should take Tubbo to bed. After the two boys had gone, I was left, gazing at the burning fire in front of me, with Wilbur, Fundy and Eret. Eret stood up, nodded his head to Wilbur and scuttled away into the darkness. I turned my attention back to Wilbur who was already looking at me. I noticed Fundy had gone, probably to rest, it was quite late.

"L'manberg's..." I started looking around at what was visible through the darkness.

"Peaceful, right." Wilbur finished my sentence, grinning at me.

"yeah, peaceful" We sat in silence together for a couple minutes. Not an uncomfortable or arkward one, a comfortable silence, I guess peaceful, ironically enough.

"I have an offer for you, Y/N." I nodded encouraging him to carry on.

"We, well, L'manberg has got it's self into a little bit of trouble" His sweet, welcoming smile turned into an anxious, serious grimace. "It's a war." He said blatantly. "And if we are to have any hopes at all to win... Well, that's where my offer comes in."

I squinted at him, curious about his proposition. "You want me to fight"

He nodded.

"And in exchange, we will provide a safe place to stay, food, a temporary family, if you will." I hummed in response, thinking over the decision. It was enticing. My hand moved down to the hilt of my sword out of habit. Wilbur noticed and gulped, his breath quickening, eyes widening. I moved my hand away as soon as I noticed. However it didn't reassure him straight away.