Plan B

...

"So what's your plan?"

Wilbur took his time at the start, carefully dissecting his words so I could understand. However slowly his passion for the subject overtook his words getting faster and faster. 

His plans involved conflict, violence and death, a lot of death. As well as his ridiculous willingness to destroy the nation he built from nothing back to nothing. It was impressive how much destruction he had planned for.

Eventually he stopped, looking up at me for approval.

"What do you think?" He beamed his mind running with thoughts. "We could do this, get back to our country, back to our place."

"Wilbur..." I started slowly. "Lmanburg isn't what it used to be. It's not the small rebellious nation that you started with two teenage boys filled with adrenaline at your side. You're not a violent guy, Wilbur. This war won't be like the last time you fought the war. Schlatt- Schlatt wants you killed!"

"I don't think you understand, Y/N, this is our chance. You of all people should understand, you're a fighter, for yourself and l'manberg!" Wilbur spoke back firmly.

"This isn't like the war for independence, Wilbur! This is bigger than that. Dream, George and Sapnap fighting you was merely a fun game to them. You don't actually think that they would've let that war go on for that long if they weren't enjoying themselves? Think, Wilbur! This isn't a war you can win by handing them some flimsy disk, and to be frank with you, it isn't a war you can win." I stood there, feeling angry at Wilbur for trying this, at Schlatt for all of this, at Dream for putting this crazy ideal world in his head.

"You're right." He shook his head, a glint rising in his eye. He smiled slightly before speaking again. "And that's why I have help!"

I stood in disbelief. Did this man not even think about anything I just said?

"Y/N, I am a slow-burning fuse. I am a long, slow-burning fuse, but I'm telling you now, over the next couple weeks, I... I'm gonna be a different man than the one Schlatt crossed. I can feel it. And maybe this new man will be more open to ... a more Technoblade way."

"Are you hearing yourself?" I shook my head trying to reason with the crazy man one last time. "Look, Wil, I side with chaos. I side with violence. I side with Technoblade. But you don't. You're not like me. Or Technoblade for that matter."

The mad smile on his face didn't falter. That's when it clicked. I had to go deeper.

I leaned forward slightly, my eyebrows furrowed, focusing on the man lying in the makeshift bed in front of me.

"It's not just you in this battle Wilbur. Tommy- well he's 16 for God's sake, him and Tubbo. You think they deserve to be stuck in all this conflict?  They've been through so much, now they're separated and no matter how much that boy puts up his facade you must be able to see how it's affecting him.
Or are you too consumed in your own selfish little bubble, too overwhelmed by your own greed for what was taken from you, legally, may I add. Think about how devastated they would be if there was a chance either of them were injured, and you're willing to let them enter yet another war where one effectively has his head on a chopping board by the elected government?"

His head hung low as I finished my spiel. I knew I had been harsh but I had to get my point across.

He raised his head, his eyes softened from before, the smile long disappeared.

"What other choice do I have?" He whispered his voice heavy with sadness, regret. It was as if everything that had happened in the last weeks, the independence, the election, the fallout, the exile had just dawned on him.