IX - Stay?

The war was over. Dream had Tommy's most prized possession, and L'manberg had independence.

With the new declaration signed, and witnessed by the Dream Team.

The L'Manbergians claimed victory because they won independence; the Dream SMP side claimed victory. because L'Manberg is still technically part of Dream's Land, not its own.

When we returned Dream went straight to his room, locking away the disks. I had gone to my room and sat silently watching the wall. The familiarity of the room left an ominous impression on me. I didn't quite know what to think about what would happen next.

Am I still a hostage, or part of their team? But didn't dream say, once the war was over, I could do what ever I pleased?

As if he could read my mind, he appeared at the door silently. He leaned against the doorframe.

I shifted my body along the bed and moved back so my head was against the wall behind me. I beckoned for him to sit beside me. He stood almost hesitant before he caved in and silently moved across the room and onto the bed.

We sat in silence. I didn't know what to say. This is the man who tried to kill me, kidnapped me, this man was my enemy. But this man made me laugh, made me feel fuzzy and safe.
I sat deep in thought, conflicted, I didn't notice he was speaking before he placed a hand on my knee.

"Y/N?" He startled me out of my thoughts with his touch. I looked him and sighed.

"Yes, sorry" My voice was like whisper.

I wanted to shout at this man, fight him, hurt him but I didn't.

A part of me wanted him to hold me in his arms like he wouldn't ever let me go.

"The war is over, you can go. You can run along to the next place and carry on your life" He roughly removed his hand from my knee, his other hand formed into a fist like he was angry. "Without me" The last part was mumbled under his breath. If the room wasn't so quiet, I wouldn't have noticed.

"What?" I sat my back up straight. I heard what he said. I didn't comprehend it.

He sighed. He was angry, best not to go on when he acted like this. I slouched back against the wall and listened to the silence.

"Stay" His voice was quiet with a hint of sadness, but a smile was played across his lips. He sat up and shuffled on the bed so he was facing me. "Stay, you could live here, or your own house, visit L'manberg whenever" He was excited, hopeful. I hadn't seen this side of dream before. He was like an excitable puppy.
"Just- Just stay, please"

He took of his mask, which took me by surprise. His eyes flickered between mine.

I breathed out before looking at the wide open door behind him.
"Dream, the door" I whispered urgently. He just reached a hand up to my face, moving it away from the door and towards him. He leaned forwards, our faces now millimetres apart.

I let out a shaky breath, feeling his warmth radiate into me.
I felt like I mentally sunk into the depth of his eyes. He flickered his view from my lips up to my eyes, asking for permission. I nodded, my nose brushing against his. My heart fluttering in my chest, making me feel nauseous.

Maybe time stopped when his lips met mine, but the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded in my chest.
I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth, how addictively he invaded all my senses.

Suddenly a loud crash sounded from downstairs. Dream reluctantly pulled away, grabbing his mask. He took one more look at me before slipping on his mask and rushing out of the room to investigate.