VI - Compromise

I woke up in the room, still sat with my knees to my chest, but with a blanket over me. I kept my eyes closed, just breathing, not wanting to wake up and deal with the stress of everything.

That's when I noticed the sound of someone else breathing in the room. I opened one eye to see Dream, sat where his was when i went to sleep. His head was still, just the gentle movement of his body as he breathed.

I couldn't tell if he was awake, due to the mask, but I didn't move. After a while, I quietly stood up.

His head stayed in place. So he really was asleep.

I debated about waking him but decided to try the door whilst I still can.

I tiptoed over and put a hand in the door. I held my breath as I pulled towards me.

Click

The door opened. I let out my breath and checked to see if Dream was awake. He hadn't moved.

I wasn't going to run away. What's the use in that, it would result in more war, kidnappings, massacres. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for that stuff, anarchy is practically my middle name, but here it felt different. I didn't want these people to die.

I left the door open behind me and walked down the stairs. I walked down a corridor till I found an open door. I could smell someone cooking breakfast.

I pushed it open wider to see Sapnap at the stove, frying what smelt like eggs and bacon. He was bobbing his head and singing along to something. Something which sounded suspiciously like pop music.

I walked in, leaving the door open a crack behind me and crept up to Sapnap. I tapped him once on the shoulder

He span around red in the face, almost dropping his frying pan.

"Fu- What the hell? How did you get out?!" I took a seat on one of the kitchen stools.

"Nice singing" He stood there flabbergasted (oml wtf is that how you spell it?) I looked at him with a smug smile on my face.

"So, Dream let you out?" He stood facing me but put the frying pan down on the side. I noticed he didn't turn around to carry on.

He was scared of me.

I hopped off the stool and stepped towards him. "More like, I let myself out" I grabbed the frying pan and an egg. Sapnap backed away. I laughed. "I just want a fried egg" I cracked the egg into the pan.

He took a deep breath and walked forward to stand next to me.

"So where is he?" I finished frying my egg and tipped it onto a plate.

"Who?" I said whilst leaning over the counter to grab a fork.

"Me" We both span round to see Dream standing in the doorway. "I see you've made yourself at home here,
Y/N"

I nodded. "Didn't take much, did it Sapnap." I strolled over to him and put a hand on his shoulder. "We're like besties already" I could tell he was intimidated by me. I wasn't going to let that soften quickly. The longer he was afraid of me, the longer I had control over him.

I went back to my food on the other side of the room and sat back down on the stool. Dream and Sapnap were talking, well more like whispering, backs turned away from me. They didn't want me to hear, but I don't care what they want.

I could just about make out what they were saying.

"How did she get out?!"

"It's fine, Sapnap. Does she look like she's going to kill you right now?"