The Past- Part 2

I kicked open the door startling the men inside as they swivelled their heads my direction. They were leaning over a table, a map strewn across, crosses littering the majority of the land.

Techno stood up straight, taking a few steps towards me.

"What the fuck, Y/N? I said, be careful, not go around kicking open doors!" His voice was hushed despite how pissed off he was.

I rolled my eyes and stuck out a baguette to him. "Want one?"

He simply rolled his eyes, a small smile gradually breaking his mood. He stepped backwards towards the table to allow the other man to greet me.

He stuck his hand forward, a wide smile across his face.
"Hiya! I'm Philza, but you can call me Phil"
I nodded and shook his hand,offering him some bread.

He looked back towards Techno before turning back to me.

"Techno is my adopted son" He explained. "My biological sons are a bit younger, they decided to leave not too long ago."

"I'm sure it would have been a pleasure to meet them as much as it has been a pleasure to meet you"

He smiled before I walked over the the Map. Techno looked up from scouring the crosses and glanced back at Phil as he was searching through chests at the back of the room.

"That was very formal" He whispered.

"Indeed" I remarked, my head searching for a pattern to do with the markings. "What are these?"

Techno sighed. "Locations I've searched."

It made more sense although the placings were no where near logical for searching for something.

"Why aren't they systemically placed then?"

"What?" Techno stared confused at me.

"If you're searching for something, why haven't you gone across the map in rows to avoid missing areas" I tried to explain.

He stepped back, sighing. "You don't understand, it's not a something I'm searching for, its a someone"

I opened my mouth to speak again before Phil walked between us, tray in hand.

He settled it atop the map covering most of the land.

"Tea anyone?"

~~~

It was later that night, Phil had retired to his room which left me in the main room, and techno in the kitchen.

I had taken off my armour and Phil had given me some of his sons' old clothes to change into, which I was very grateful of.

I sat crossed-legged in front of the fireplace on the rug.
The blazing fire left me in almost silence as it crackled every couple of seconds. I could feel the warmth radiating through my body.

I reached down into the pocket of the hoodie I was wearing and pulled out the article from before.

Now that I look more closely, the boy kind of looks like Techno, maybe the man is Phil, maybe the person they're looking for is her, maybe- I stopped myself before I jumped to any conclusions. I'll ask Techno myself, if it his him, maybe I can help search for her aswell.

"Where did you get that?" Techno appeared behind me before gently lowering himself onto the sofa. I turned and looked up at him from where I sat. He had two steaming mugs in his hands, I can only guess one was for me.
"Where did you get it?" he repeated himself, this time his voice was more stretched out, as in he was tired of speaking about the subject.