Chapter 28 : Realization

someone pls sacrifice me to lil nas x thank u

Ray felt her heart beating furiously in her rib cage

Ray felt her heart beating furiously in her rib cage. She looked sideways towards the suit case that she had packed in such a hurry, and the trip made her realize how many things she had actually forgotten. But she'd probably have plenty of time to stop by some shop and stack up.

Averting her eyes back to the front, she looked over at the phone of the taxi driver, indicating that their destination was just around the corner. A sudden panic kicked in upon realizing that all of her best friends were right there, and without thinking, Ray blurted out "Stop the car!" 

The driver instantly hit the brakes, clearly shocked by the sudden half-yell in his ear. He immediately turned back, eyeing the girl up and down.

"Is everything alright miss?" He asked wide-eyed.

Upon realizing what she had just done, Ray's mouth opened but nothing came out. She felt the embarrassment flood her cheeks in the form of a faint blush and she looked down in shame.

"Could you just drop me off right here sir?" She asked in a quiet voice.

The driver immediately relaxed, a look of annoyance appearing on his face. "Fine, you didn't have to shout out like that though. That will be 20 pound."

Ray quickly apologized, handing the man the money before she grabbed her bag and suitcase and left the vehicle. She watched from the sidewalk as the car drove off, her hand travelling to her forehead at the realization of what she had just done.

"You're so stupid oh my god." The girl uttered to herself quietly.

But then her next worry began upon hearing the ruckus happening just around the corner. She was stalling for time, knowing that if she walked out there there'd probably be no turning back.

No one except Tubbo had seen her face before. And she knew for a fact that Tommy had already arrived, so he'd see her there too. What would the rest think of her? What if Tommy tells them all about her posh living? What if everyone will think that she's ugly in real life?

'You've come this far bitch what you so insecure for? You wanted this so desperately after all. Don't be a pussy and go say hi.'

Ray bit down on her bottom lip, inhaling deeply though her nose in an attempt to calm herself down before she began walking towards the corner of the house beside her. She then turned right, onto the pretty and cozy street with many large buildings and trees right beside the wide road.

It barely took her seconds to spot the large group on the sidewalk, watching them from afar as they talked and laughed relentlessly. Without having to see anyone's face, Ray knew who's who, and that gave her the slightest bit of comfort and confidence as she began walking forward.

With each step, she could feel her breaths grow deeper and more frequent. The only thing she could hear was the loud wheels of her suitcase and her wild heartbeat. 

But she managed to rule out the nervous thoughts and a wide beam appeared on her face as she was barely meters away. She immediately spotted the brown, now cut hair along with his height difference compared to everyone else in the group.

So she finally decided to call out to him.

"Tubbo!" 

It felt like slow motion as many heads turned right towards the girl, including the one of her dear friend. His face went from confused to surprised and happy in a millisecond and he immediately began walking towards her as well. 

"Ray!" 

And with that, the girl let go of the handle of her suitcase and threw herself onto him, latching her arms around his neck in a tight hug.

"I thought you weren't coming oh my god!" Tubbo spoke loudly into her ear and Ray chuckled.

"Just be happy that I actually came." She exclaimed, pulling away with a wide smile.

That lead her to look towards the rest of the group, all of them wide-eyed in shock.

"Oh my god, Ray? As in Ray, as in NightmareNyx?" George was the first to speak, his jaw almost reaching the floor.

"Yeah, hi, did I come late?" Ray chuckled, the feeling of being the center of attention weighing down on her like a stone.

"Ray! Wow, you're so pretty!" Niki was the next to hug the younger girl tightly and Ray laughed.

"No c'mon you're way prettier!"

This caused a chain of 'hellos' and hugs, and Ray immediately felt much more comfortable and very welcomed.

Eventually, her eyes shifted towards the only person in the group that she had actively avoided: Tommy. His face looked emotionless, yet she knew that a hundred thoughts ran through his head at that very moment. He seemed like he wanted to say something, but his lips remained shut.

"Alright, I think this is everyone." Philza announced. "Let's go check out the Airbnb now!"

Everyone cheered happily, grabbing their luggage and walking after the eldest towards the huge house that they had rented for the few days. Everyone was slightly taken aback by the scale of it, realizing that there were beyond enough rooms for everyone to stay in.

Ray entered the room that she had claimed as hers, putting her luggage beside her bed. She was currently alone, and had to wait until later for Astelic who had agreed to be her roommate for the trip. After all, the two went quite a long way back since they were both Hypixel creators who started youtube around the same time.

"Ray?" She suddenly heard Wilbur's voice behind her, and the girl turned around to find him poking his head into her room. "C'mon, we're going to go get lunch!"

"Yep, coming!" She exclaimed, quickly grabbing only the necessities and exiting her room.

ik that there wasn't much ray x tommy just yet but wait for it

and no this will not turn into a ray x tubbo fic don't yall even try