Chapter 20

Daichi POV :

"Asahi I don't know what I'm doing with any of this." I laughed lightly looking at the manual as if it was the guide to operating space craft.

"It isn't hard Daichi you just got to make me beautiful." He fluttered his eyelashes and pulled a cheesy pose causing me to laugh harder. 

"So bit of a big job then." I mocked feeling the cheeky smirk pull on my mouth as Asahi threw his eyes open in shock before laughing at me, attempting to swat me away. 

We were sat on his bathroom floor, his sisters skincare products scattered around as if a tornado had swept through. Neither of us really knew what we were doing but we were both in low spirits and decided a confused pamper night would do us both good. I was looking between a moisturiser, a facemask, a face cream, several scrubs and some sort of jelly substance for beneath your eyes. Just staring at them baffled unsure what went on first or how - hence the instructions but I can't say they helped anything.

I laughed as Asahi was pulling stupid poses just to make me chuckle - he was really going out of his way to make me feel better. "Look stay still you moron." I laughed before picking up the pink clay face mask, "I think this one goes on first...?" I had no idea, and it was hard to take him seriously as he sat opposite me, rocking around, his hair tied up in space buns and a nice pink headband holding any fly-always off his face.

I used the small spatula type applicator to smudge a load of the pink paste across his face, making us both laugh as I smacked him in the cheek with it. After I'd covered him in the pink face mask, it was his turn to 'beautify' me as he put it. He chose a charcoal face mask and made sure to coat my face in it before we both looked at each other and began laughing for a second time. With his space buns and now the stupid looking facemask he really did look hilarious and I'm sure I didn't look much better. He pulled out his phone taking a picture of me before we took a selfie together. I can see the appeal at girls slumber parties, this was oddly amusing.

Standing from the bathroom we trudged into the lounge ready to start a film while the mask had to stay on for twenty-five minutes to half an hour. I threw myself onto his sofa as he sat on the floor in-front of it before flicking on a Disney movie, of course he would start it with Frozen. "Do we have to watch this one?" I complained looking down at him, he tilted his head back, the hair and pink face mask only making me laugh harder. 

"Yes, how else are we supposed to scream out of tune lyrics to let it go?" He asked as if the answer was obvious. "Look we both need to just cry to some stuff and that's ok." He sounded like he had his head put together for once, not a swirling mass of anxiety. 

He sighed, "He's been ignoring me too, at least you could get some sort of conversation out of him." He sighed, "It is weird without him here." So he's just as hurt as me. It makes sense, the three of us have been practically inseparable. I began to tear up again. 

"NO CRYING! You'll ruin the face mask." He snapped turning to face me. He offered me a comforting smile before finally pressing play on the film. I chuckled at him, he really was a character. As the film began to play I pulled out my phone to see if Suga had tried messaging me.  

No messages from Suga but the team group-chat seemed to be popular as I began to scroll through messages. It was mainly them playing a game of two truths one lie - which I didn't have time for. I'm not going to expose myself - I have better things to do. Like wash off this face mask. "Asahi, we need to wash off the masks." he turned to me innocently, catching me off guard yet again with the pink clay mask on his face. "Bro why do you look so content right now?" I asked chuckling as we both headed to the bathroom to begin rinsing the masks off. Despite the good evening, my mind kept thinking to what it would be like with Suga here, in normal circumstances, he would be parading around in blankets with his face mask on trying to make us both laugh. 

"Hey Asahi... why does it hurt so much?" I asked as we got comfortable back in the lounge, frozen was continuing to provide background noise. The question caught myself off guard - it isn't like me to want to bring up my only feelings without being forced or prompted. I'd lost friends before, had fights before but this one hit different. It felt more painful, there was more of an ache in my chest as I saw him walk away, cut me out of his life. 

Asahi turned to face me before sitting up on the sofa next to me, "Well, why do you think?" great now he is going all therapist on my ass. I grumbled but tried to think about it, why was this one different? A silence settled over us, "How does it feel?" He prompted again after a while causing me to collapse back into the couch cushions and look at the ceiling.

"Like I fucked up." I huffed, "I dunno, like Suga was this really bright light in a dark room, and now I'm left alone in the darkness again." It felt weird speaking about my feelings out-loud. After the amazing summer the three of us had together, it scared me how fast something like that could crash and burn. Burning out to ashes.

"Kind of feel like Icarus and Suga was the sun. I could never have him yet I still tried, I held on for two whole years knowing he was too good for me, too kind, too patient. I asked what I did to deserve him and then finally my wax wings melted. Now I'm falling watching the sun get further and further away and there is nothing I can do." Tears again began to collect in the corner of my eyes. "Fuck why the hell am I crying?" I yelled pissed off at my emotions. A guy shouldn't be getting me this upset, I shouldn't be breaking down like this in-front of a friend. 

Asahi didn't question, he didn't say anything he only pulled me into a hug and let me sob on his shoulder. I'd never felt so weak. So broken and useless. 

"Dai, we are going to make cookies, I don't care that its nearly eleven o'clock, and don't you dare start repressing shit." He stood up, pointing a finger as if he was a parent. "We are making cookies, we are then eating the cookies, and you are going to let your emotions out and process them for once you toxic man." He huffed before pulling me to my feet and dragging me to the kitchen where he began to get the cookie dough out the fridge. 

"Crying is ok, don't forget that." He smiled reassuringly before we began to bake together.