Chapter 22

Sugawara POV :

Saturday night, and I was spending it alone. My phone kept pinging, alerting me that the chaos of the group chat was  in full-swing. I didn't think it would take the second years long to corrupt the first years but, after their first practice together - that was a little faster than expected. I kept getting texts from Daichi, not having the heart to ignore them but not having the energy to respond I ended up just half heartedly scrolling through them.

Daichi <3 : Suga I'm sorry

Daichi <3 : Koshi please listen to me.

Daichi <3 : I didn't mean anything I said, can you please text me or call me?

Daichi <3 : Can we talk?

Daichi <3 : Are you going to ignore me forever?

Daichi <3 : Hey I guess I owe you two meat buns and ice cream. Asahi has a crush on our little libero.

I knew it, of course you owe me meat buns and ice cream. I called that shit way back at the start of the second year. I smiled a little at that one, but thinking back to the argument and watching Daichi send message after message - I couldn't keep my spirits up for long. Why was he so determined to speak to me after everything he'd done. Maybe I should have let him explain, not jumped to conclusions - but what other conclusion is there.

I caught him, stood there with the photos, with the notes that had been plastered around. I caught him with the evidence. However, I don't feel he would be chasing me this hard if he was wholly in the wrong. God I hate this. I moaned, I stood going to grab a hoodie from the back of my door, before realising which I'd picked. The old worn out hoodie Daichi had 'leant' me. I felt rage bubbling in the pit of my stomach as I held the hoodie, stupid Daichi and his stupid hoodie. "Stupid Daichi not noticing anything I do for him, not being there for me, not talking to me about anything... stupid, stupid Daichi!" My voice was hoarse from crying as I marched downstairs to grab a pair of scissors and began cutting into the piece of fabric. "Stupid Daichi!" I yelled, cutting and chopping until the hoodie was practically unrecognisable as anything other than a pile of scraps. My mum was observing me from the living room, unsure whether she should say anything or not. I simply met her gaze, and then my fathers and finally my eyes landed on my brother. They were all just watching confused and concerned as I stood there, breathing heavily over the deceased hoodie that tattered the worktop.

"Hey Koshi..." Rei started but I simply turned on my heel and ran back up to my room, leaving the mess I had created scattering the worktop. "Koshi, can I come in?" My younger brother was knocking on my door, he was only in the year below me but had decided to go to a different High School - one that excelled in something - I remember trying to care but not listening when he was explaining it all the other year. I used to hate him so much, it was only really since we moved to Miyagi that we started getting along and even then, in the beginning it was kind of rough.

"Kosh, stop being a dick." He huffed on the other side of the door before barging in, only to see me crying on my bad. Not my finest moment. He simply shook his head at me before coming and sitting next to me, "Want to talk about it?" He offered, he sounded awkward and uncomfortable at the idea. I ended up laughing at how awkward he was, "What don't laugh at me you psycho." He grumped before folding his arms and slouching back on my bed.

I calmed my laughter down and wiped the remaining tears off of my face, "Sorry... sorry." I sighed before I slouched back against my wall. "You're more awkward about feelings than one of my mates is all." He turned his head to look at me, despite us being related he seemed to resemble my mother much more. He had her dark blonde hair, with the odd curl in it causing it to fluff and bounce about on his head. He also had her dark brown eyes. Despite this he was taller than me, broader shoulders, squarer jawline, he looked like a jock - a fuck boy at times and boy did I let him know when he did. "You don't look like a slut today." I commented trying to lighten the mood, I would rather he rip into me like normal than try to mother my feelings.

"Well you look like a whore as always." He groaned sitting back up and looking at me. "So gonna tell me what's wrong ass-hat?" 

I gripped my chest attempting to fake being offended, "Me, confide in such a lowly species of fuckery... I thinketh not." I ended up sniffling, trying to not let any of the tears from earlier re-appear. Him being the annoying little brother he is picked up on this and simply raised his eyebrows too me, gesturing for me to basically suck-it-up and spit-it-out. Perfect catch phrase for a fuckboy. 

"I ended up catching the Captain of the volleyball team, holding a load of posters with me from elementary or middle school on. They'd started appearing around the school, and someone even came up to me asking me what happened as they used to know me as..." I ran a hand through my hair mentally preparing myself to speak the name. "They called me Hana." I saw my sibling practically recoil at the use of my deadname.

He frowned, sitting up straighter in his posture, "Who did, that Daichi lad?" Jesus calm down you road-rage lunatic. I thought you were going to listen. Despite it being easy to mug him off in my head, it was harder to say anything in real life with the lump that was forming in my throat.

"No some other guy, but I caught Daichi with the pictures, he was literally carrying them!" I felt myself choke as I held back a sob. I'm so tired of crying. "I ignored him, and then after practice earlier today he... he tried to talk to me and I just lost it." 

"Did you punch him?" I turned to look at Rei, giving a look that asked 'are you serious right now?'. 

"No I didn't punch him, why would I be sat here crying on my bed at nearly midnight if I'd punched him?!" I snapped punching my stupid brother in the arm.

He simply shrugged un-phased, "I'd have punched him. Ask me he kind of deserves a punch if he was posting those pics around." 

I glared at him harder, "IF... what do you mean if? I literally saw him with the pictures!" I started slapping Rei on his stupid arm before grabbing my pillow and continuing to wail on him.

"Kosh fucking stop it!" He yelled trying to grab my arms to stop me. "KOSHI!" He yelled as I continued to beat him with the pillow. 

"IF?!" I yelled at him, beginning to cry again. "If? He betrayed me you asshole and you're going to side with him?" 

He had fallen off the bed at this point and I wasn't ready to let up. How can he side with Daichi after what I just told him. Did his stupid brain just gloss over the fact that the bullying has started again, the fact I can probably not go back to school on Monday. IF?! REI YOU LITTLE WANKER! 

He curled up into an armadillo type ball on the floor and let me just hit him with pillows until my energy finally failed me. As I slumped back down onto my bed he peered out of his protective ball only to have the pillow thrown at his face. "Have you decided to stop now?" He asked glaring at me before sitting next to me again. I nodded scowling at him through tears. He chuckled at me before ruffling up my hair, "Remind me how I'm the younger one again?" He mused. 

"Because you were the accident." I hissed at him only causing him to laugh harder. 

He held his stomach chuckling to himself, "Alright, goddamn Kosh don't have to be so mean. You're supposed to love your little brother." He fluttered his lashes at me.

"And you're supposed to respect your elders."

"I do respect my elders, just not you." He stuck his tongue out before shoving his elbow into my side. "Nah, you know I'll always have your back, and I know you always got mine." For once it seemed like he said something sincere. Something sincere that also used more than one braincell - if I wasn't so sad I would applaud him. "So... What now?" He asked me after we had sat in silence for a couple of minutes. I frowned, calming myself down and wiping my face for what felt like the one hundredth time. He looked at me expectantly. 

I continued to frown at him, "What do you mean what now?" I asked. He simply tilted his head like a puppy that wasn't sure what was going on. Idiot. 

He thought a minute, clearly trying to rephrase it, "What now? Like do you just want to cry all night, or we can play some volleyball in the garden, crack on a film, talk about it... What now?" Moron.