Chapter 26

Asahi POV : 

I couldn't stop laughing, I didn't mean to laugh but it was hard not to hearing it all second hand from Daichi. "You would burn for him? What does that even mean?" I couldn't hold the laugh in as I wiped tears from my eyes. I know I shouldn't laugh, Daichi was sat next to me looking like he was about to have a crisis and I was here, unable to contain my laughter. I wiped away a tear due to my laughing so hard as I attempted to calm down.

"Asahi it really isn't that funny." He groaned next to me which just made me laugh harder, it set me off again as I continued to giggle to myself.

"But what does it even mean? You said he was part of your routine... who says that?" I burst out into hysterics again, clutching my sides to try and stop the pain that was building there from the pure joy this conversation had given me. It was lunchtime and I'm pretty sure that Daichi has been hiding his head in shame for the entirety of the morning. I recollected my thoughts and cleared my throat, "I'm sure it will be ok. You were honest and open, you should feel better with it off of your chest..." I tried as a put a hand on his shoulder. 

He just groaned in response, "I am even more confused, like I don't know how I feel about Suga - it's all so complicated and I don't want to offend them. It is driving me crazy Asahi." He put his head in his hands for what seemed like the one-hundredth time this lunchtime alone. "How did you know?" I simply tilted my head confused as to what he was asking. "How did you know you liked Noya?" He clarified causing me to turn bright pink before nervously looking around us to make sure no one was listening in. I looked back at Daichi who looked torn I didn't know how to summarise something like this.

I took a sip off my drink before trying to think it over, "I don't know, I just want to spend more time with him, but do the more domestic stuff too ya know? Like give him my hoodies and let him braid my hair, go to the bowling alley but not just for some games and drinks but to have a little competition and then afterwards we can go back to my house, watch movies under the same blanket..." I frowned putting my hand to my chin, "I guess I just want to spend time with him as something greater than mates." I felt myself blushing, I'd never really had to try and formulate it into words. Daichi was sat watching me, hanging on every word. 

"You don't need to love someone to start with Daichi, it isn't a fairy-tale it's your life. It can start out as friends, progress to best friends, then boyfriend and partner. Love grows overtime the more you nurture it that's how it works. Don't worry about throwing around the big words." I smiled reassuringly to him. "So what about you and Suga...?" I prompted him. 

He sighed looking up from his currently untouched lunch, "Well I just know I want him to always be there, it sounds gross and clingy but... I just want to be able to cuddle him, and protect him, keep him safe and call him mine. I don't know... It is all so confusing, I've never looked at a guy in that way before... he isn't like anyone I've every shown interest in and with others it was always something I was sure on." He groaned, "Like getting the girl with the best legs and nicest smile, ya know... someone that you can show off because that's what it always seems to be like... but i don't want Suga to be just a trophy. I want moments like when he was cooking breakfast when I could just sit on the worktop and admire him, giving him my hoodie and watching it drown him, seeing how comfortable it made him - by extension how safe I could make him feel... I want that but for longer..." I smiled at him being all awkward and smitten. He was looking out over the angry looking sky, rain was probably imminent and we were sat on the steps eating our bento boxes. 

"Daichi... Why does it matter if Suga is a girl or a guy? You like Suga and if anything this sounds better. You're not chasing him for his legs or his big tits, you're chasing him for him. Not to wear him like a trophy but to be with him as an equal - is that not better?" I quizzed as Daichi looked at me as if I held all the wisdom in the world. He smiled, a genuine wide smile - it felt like the first I'd seen from him in a while. Guess this weekend has really dragged and taken a toll. I raised my eyebrows at him as he smiled with a new spring in his step. 

"Where would you take Suga on a date?" Daichi asked after a moment of silence, the question causing me to choke on my mochi for a second. He burst out laughing at my shocked expression, but waited for an answer nevertheless. "Like I don't want to take him somewhere crap, I want to take him somewhere special - blow his fucking mind! I want it to be somewhere cool, where he wants to go... I'll crack out my savings we could get a train..." I could see the plan forming in his mind as he continued to spit ball ideas at me. He even pulled out his phone to show me pictures that could be used as inspiration. Wow Daichi, you really are head over heels and you're too dense to realise it.