[2]

[2]

- EDEN -

-

I HAD TO wrap my poor little fragile mind around this. After asking for something fun to do during the summer since the eighth grade, they finally give it to me!

"You're lying!" I said, my jaw dropping slightly.

Mom lets out a laugh, shaking her head, "Dead serious."

"Oh, my god! Oh, my god! Oh, my god!" I repeated, wrapping my mom in a hug and jumping up and down. She let out a laugh as I ran over to my dad and wrapped him in a hug and he patted my back, laughing.

I smirked at Lydia and she squirmed in her seat. I ran over to her to wrap her in a hug, too, but she ran out of her seat. I chased her and caught up with her, wrapping her in a hug and carrying her back to the table.

She let out a strangled laugh, "Get off me, Eden!"

I laughed and put her down and turned to both Mom and Dad, "You know I love you guys, right?"

They laughed and mom rolled her eyes. I stopped, "Wait, you guys paid for everything?!"

Mom shook her head, "Goodness, no. We had the six families pitch in."

I nodded. That's good.

Wait, six families? My family, Julia's family, and Leah's family are three.

"Six families?" I asked.

She nodded. I turned to dad with a confused look on my face.

"Who are the other three people coming?" I asked.

"If you want to go, I promised a few ladies at the Book Club that their sons could come."

I stopped, "Sons?"

She nodded.

From the other side of the table, Lydia giggled, "Eden's going to go with boys. Ew!"

I frowned, "You're letting me go to Europe with my two friends and three boys?"

She nodded, "I trust you. We trust you, right?"

I turned to Dad to see him nodding.

"But..." I said, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Who are they?" I asked.

She thought a little, "Atlas Foreman, Dawson Halifax, and Jude Kenneth."

I frowned, "I've never heard of them before."

I nodded to myself trying to understand all this. I giggled, a smile making its way to my face, "Thank you so so much for doing this. I love you both so much!" 

Dad chuckled, "We love you too."

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

My mom looked at me and thought a little, "I have to double-check, but I think in a week."

"Thank you," I said and ran towards my room.

"What are you doing?" Mom asked.

"I..." I tried to come up with an excuse, "I'm going to thank God."

Before they could respond, I ran up the stairs and closed the door. I was so happy and excited, I wanted to cry.

I jumped onto my bed and called Leah, "Where are you guys?"