[15]

[15]

- EDEN -

-

You know the feeling of dread that you get when you know something is about to go terribly wrong? That's exactly the feeling I got when I woke up in Atlas's arms the following morning. I guess he felt it too because as soon as my eyes opened, we pushed each other away, not sparing each other any glances or words.

I didn't know what it was or why it happened, but my agitation towards Atlas shot up tenfold. I know it may seem like I'm bipolar or some shit, but that wasn't it. My feelings felt natural towards him... Like this was normal for us.

Well, I don't know about him, but for me, that was definitely the case.

That morning, I quickly got changed and hid in Leah and Julia's room. They were changed and ready to go downstairs for some breakfast, so that's what the three of us did.

When we arrived downstairs and had received our orders, we took a seat on the tables in the lobby. The morning bustle of the hotel played mindlessly in the background while Julia and Leah talked and ate.

I quietly chewed on my food.

"Eden?" Julia asked, snapping me out of my daze. I locked eyes with her and a look of worry passed over her face. I offered her a smile.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

Leah piped in, "Yeah, you've been incredibly quiet since... I don't even know when. Are you really okay?"

I nodded, letting out a small laugh, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I promise."

Leah smiled, but Julia didn't seem convinced. I placed my fork down on the side of my plate, "So, how are you and Dawson, Leah?"

Her cheeks tinted red, "What?"

Julia giggled, "You think we haven't noticed?"

Leah focused back on her food, "There's nothing going on. Plus, he's moody and bipolar as fuck. Definitely not my type."

"Sure," I nodded along with her.

She rolled her eyes, fanning her face, "Enough about me. What about you, Eden?"

I gave her a confused look, "What about me?"

Julia snorted, "You and Atlas. You guys spent the whole day together yesterday and I didn't hear a peep, a complain, or a text from you."

Leah's eyebrows rose, "You too? Oh, my God, I was going to text, but I thought you guys were... busy."

My cheeks tinted red, "Oh, my God, no." I hid my face in my hands, "No, you guys, we were just hanging out, it's not like that, I swear."

Leah nodded her head, a smug smile on her face, "Sure,"

I rolled my eyes, "Atlas and I don't click. We- We're barely friends."

Julia frowned, "Fine, maybe it'll take some time. You never know."

Leah rolled her eyes, "Well, what about Hamza?"

My cheeks flamed red and Leah pointed a finger at me, "Aha! You're blushing!"

I rolled my eyes, Julia laughing beside Leah, "There's nothing going on with Hamza. We're just neighbors."

Leah raised her eyebrows as if she was saying Yeah, right. She stuffed some more food in her mouth, "Yeah, sure. He totally likes you and you're so crushing on him back."