[36]

[36]

- EDEN -

-

I WATCHED WIDE-EYED as Atlas's lips pulled into a soft smile. Our breaths mingled with the others still regaining our breaths from the last kiss. A smile stretched my lips when Atlas's lips opened and then closed again.

"Speechless?" I asked, a laugh bubbling from my lips.

He laughed, too, "No, I'm trying to find the perfect thing to say,"

I let out a small laugh, my hand on his face tracing the line of his jaw and the curve of his cheekbone. He pressed his hand over mine and my eyes met his. The soft smile on his lips brought a smile onto my lips.

"Eden," He breathed, "Fuck falling in love, I think I'm already there."

A small chuckle left my lips and he pulled me closer to him. When he pressed his lips to mine, my thoughts didn't disappear like they usually did. One thought in my head kept repeating over and over and over again in my head.

He might love me.

I sucked in a breath when Atlas placed his hand on my thigh, pulling me closer to him. As an intense warm feeling swarmed in my stomach, I pulled Atlas closer. His lips against mine were a feeling I don't think I could live without. The electric feeling it shot down my spine made my limbs go limp. The way his lips slid against mine made my heart rate boom in my chest.

When he pulled back, I let out a sigh and he laughed against my lips. I smiled and sat back, turning around so I could lean against him. He pulled me to him and let me get comfortable against his chest. I picked up my drink and sipped from it, the coldness of the drink a stark difference to the temperature in my body.

As Atlas softly brushed my hair back, I glanced up at him. "I have something to show you,"

His eyebrows rose softly and I nodded, picking my phone up and opening up Spotify. The song I wanted to show him was the last thing I listened to so I hoped there weren't any ads.

I pulled the buffer back and pressed the play button. When Sugar by BROCKHAMPTON started to play, I stared at the album cover completely enveloped in the moment I was in right now.

Spendin' all my nights alone, waitin' for you to call me

You're the only one I want by my side when I fall asleep

Tell me what I'm waitin' for

I breathed out a content sigh, smiling up at Atlas whose eyes were closed, a soft smile on his lips. He looked so beautiful, it made my body ache. It made my heart want to leap out of my chest. My head was spinning and my eyes were swimming. I felt as if I was high.

When he finally looked down at me, his hand brushed over my cheek. My eyes fluttered closed and a small smile stretched my lips.

"Do you ever think about what'll happen after we get home?" Atlas asked and when I opened my eyes, I found myself lost in the sadness, in the beauty, and in the universes in his eyes.

I nodded, "All the time,"

I moved around so that I was facing him a little. He brushed my hair back absentmindedly as he chewed on his bottom lip. I was entranced by him.

"Sometimes I think about what it would be like to just go back home. Back to school, back to the formalities, back to the forced smiles..." He said, lost in a bad thought.