[9]

[9]

- EDEN -

-

THE FLIGHT WAS longer than I expected it to be, but the plus side of it was that I got plenty of rest. When I woke up, I noticed that Julia and Leah were asleep. I smiled as I noticed Julia had a sleep mask pulled over her eyes. She had a hard time sleeping when it wasn't completely dark.

I stretched my arms over my head and let out a satisfied groan as I felt the bones in my back crack. I got up onto my seat and looked behind me. Sitting in the row behind us were the three boys, Atlas, Dawson, and Jude.

Jude was on his phone, but he looked completely bored. Dawson was asleep and had his head was on Jude's shoulder, but Jude looked like he didn't mind. Atlas had the same book in his hands (I couldn't see its title) and was too immersed in it to notice me until I said something.

"Uh, how long was I asleep?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Uh," Jude said, glancing at the time on his phone, "About three hours, the others fell asleep like an hour ago."

I nodded, "So, how long till we land?" I asked, trying to ignore the feeling of Atlas's eyes on me.

"They announced that we'd be landing in an hour." He said.

A wide smile broke out on my face, "Yay, England here we come."

"You're really excited," Jude said in realization.

I nodded excitedly, "Yeah, I've been wanting to do something like this since eighth grade."

Jude's eyes widened in surprise, "Wow, and you finally got your wish."

I nodded, my cheeks hurt from how hard I was smiling, "Yeah, I just hope nothing goes wrong. Ya know?"

He nodded and we said nothing for a few minutes. Eventually, he spoke up, "Did you know we were coming on this trip with you?"

I shrugged, "My mom told us that you guys were coming with us, but we didn't know who you guys were."

He nodded, and I smiled, "I mean, I didn't mind. New friends, why not?"

I glanced at Atlas as I said "friends" to see that he was already looking at me. He licked his lips and continued to stare at me. I blinked hard and tore myself away from his gaze.

Jude let out a laugh, "Yup, you seem cool, but your younger sister is cooler."

Atlas let out a small laugh while Jude let out a longer one. I rolled my eyes at them, "Whatever. I practically raised her."

Jude laughed, and I noticed that Atlas, too, had a smile on his face. I smiled to myself in satisfaction. Next to me, Julia stirred, letting out a small yawn. She stretched her arms over her head and let out a groan.

She looked up at me and smiled, sleepily. I smiled back at her and watched as she got up and sat down on her knees to face the guys. Jude looked up at her and smiled. She smiled back and looked to Atlas.

"You don't talk much, do you?" She said. My eyes widened slightly and I stared at Julia, gobsmacked. Asking straightforward questions like that was something Leah would do, not Julia.

Atlas smiled a little at Julia and I frowned. Why couldn't he smile like that at me?

"I do. I'm just not feeling so chatty right now." He said to Julia, glancing up at me briefly.