[20]

[20]

- ATLAS -

-

MY HEAD WAS spinning and I couldn't get it to stop. My vision blurred as I tried to pick myself off the floor and I let out a groan, settling back on the floor.

Originally, I was sitting on my bed reading my book when the stabbing feeling in my head arrived. My eyes crossed and I got nauseous from the pain. I slid down to the floor in hopes of the pain in my head easing.

I had no such luck.

A sob escaped my lips as a sharp pain through the middle of my head left me blinded. I pressed my hands to my head, hoping that the pressure would relieve the pain. With every second that passed, the degree of pain I was in doubled.

"Fuck," I groaned into my hand as I squirmed around on the floor. My breathing was ragged and I was sweaty. The thin shirt I had on was soaked through with sweat. I reached behind me and pulled my shirt off, throwing it to the side.

I let out a breath and laid flat on the ground, thinking about how little pain I'd be in if I was dead. I stared at the ceiling fan above me as it whirled around and around at concerning speeds. I imagined it falling on top of me and frowned.

I needed help.

I sat up and crawled over to my suitcase, feeling around for the pack of medicine I had packed. I let out a sigh of relief when my hand wrapped around the bottle. I quickly pulled it out and flipped open the cap, downing four painkillers dry.

I groaned when I felt the pills finally slide down my throat and let my body fall limp onto the ground. I let out a cough as I felt my body relax, but the pain in my head stayed unchanged.

From the next room over, loud music could be heard. I tried to think of whom I was sharing a wall with. I let out a groan as thinking made my brain hurt even more. I let out a sigh as I remembered that it was Eden.

From what I could hear, she was listening to some slowed-down song by The Weekend. I let out a low groan as I curled onto my side. I took in a sharp breath as a knock sounded on my door.

"Hey, Atlas, Dawson, Leah, Julia, and I are going out for some dessert. Wanna join?" Jude asked from the other side of the door. I swallowed back the nausea that crept up my throat.

"No, I think I'm just gonna rest," I called back.

Jude faltered a second, "Are you okay?"

I took in a deep breath before I answered, "Yeah, I'm fine. You guys have fun."

Jude let out a breath, "Okay, but if you need anything, Eden's next door."

I frowned, but nodded, quickly realizing that he couldn't see me. "Yeah, okay."

With that he walked away, leaving me half dead on my bedroom floor. The pain in my head didn't subside after painkillers I had downed five minutes ago. I decided that maybe if I slept for a little bit, my headache would ease.

I willed my body to shut down and it tried. My body yearned for rest, but the pain that dwelled dormant in my body was making it hard to. My body drifted in and out of consciousness a few times. This was like the journey I went through every night to get some sleep.

I heard a faint knock on my door and I let out a soft groan. The headache hadn't ceased and I wondered if I'd be in less pain if I died.

"Go away," I murmured into the carpeted floor my face was pressed to. On the other side of the door, Eden sighed.