[32]

[32]

- EDEN -

-

(hey, please don't steal the little letters and stuff written in this book. thanks, love you bae. p.s. enjoy both zayn's vocals and pretty face, it's just a plus that the song fits the chapter (; )

I FOUND MYSELF wandering the hallway of the hotels. It was getting darker and darker outside and I yearned to be outside, to revel in the darkness and smile against the cool breezes.

I was ready for the party, dressed simply in a satin black dress that ended at my mid-thigh. The gold jewelry that hung from my neck and cradled my fingers and wrist were cold against my skin.

Leah had told me that she wanted to try something out on her hair, but would only do it if I did. I asked her what she wanted to do and she said that she wanted bangs. It was a weird request coming from Leah because she never ever cut her hair in her life aside from the few trims here and there. Aside from that, she never cut it short, never dyed it, and never did anything to it unless she was a hundred percent sure her hair would not get damaged.

Nonetheless, I let her cut my hair. She pulled me into the bathroom and tied my hair over my head. She had me wait in the bathroom as she scoured the hotel for a pair of scissors. When she finally came back with a pair of crafting scissors, I started to become a little unsure. She assured me we'd be fine and pulled my ponytail over my head and started to cut off at least an inch and a half.

When she was done with that, she tossed my hair in the trash and started to finish detailing her work. When she was done with that, she ran out of the bathroom and came back with her flat iron, blow dryer, and hair rollers.

After about an hour of me complaining, Dawson coming in to make fun of my hair, Leah kicking him out, Julia assuring me that if it looks bad, it'll grow back in a few months, and Jude and Atlas sitting in our room to watch the train wreck that was Leah and me, we were done.

When I finally looked at myself in the mirror, I didn't hate it. My hair kind of looked really nice. Instead of stopping below my shoulder blades, my hair now stopped a little under my shoulders. She had cut my hair from the front so it looked like I had bangs. It wasn't too short or two dumb-looking. As a matter of fact, with it curled the way it was, I liked it a lot.

I touched the tips of my hair as I stopped in front of my hotel door. Julia and Leah were in there getting ready. Jude went downstairs for some reason. I offered to accompany him to where he was going, but he refused saying that he needed to take a walk. I nodded and gave him his space.

Dawson was in the shower in his room and Atlas was also in his shower last I checked. I decided to skip my room and made my way over to Atlas's room. I didn't have to bother with a key since the door was held open with the deadbolt. I stepped in and let the door properly shut behind me.

The room was pretty messy, but what else did I expect? I could hear the shower on and the smell of Atlas's cologne floated out of the little tiled room and out into the bedroom. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

The way he smelled was addicting. I know it sounded weird to hear that, but it just was. He had this soft cedarwood-ish and vanilla cologne he used that sounds so feminine but isn't. I'd, no joke, drown myself in that smell if I could.

I walked over to his bed and ran my hand over the leather cover of the notebook I wrote my letters on. I picked up and sat down on the bed, running my fingers over the spiral rings on the side. I flipped the cover open, turning to the first page.