Darkest Moment

Sang's POV

It wasn't my fault

My mind repeated this as i continued to lay next to Brandon, i knew i had to get myself together and speak with the others but at this moment i was finding it hard to believe the words i repeated in my own mind.

Adrik would still be alive if it hadn't been for me.

I may not have gave him the poison but it was because of me he was killed and despite Brandon's words and my mind repeating those four words i couldn't help but feel that it was atleast partially my fault, if only i didn't love Adrik.

''We should go and inform the others....''

Brandon muttered quietly beside me though his voice which sounded almost reluctant contradicted his words and with a small sigh i gave a small nod in agreement and moved my body till i was sitting up on the bed i had been lying on a small blush filling my cheeks as i realised that i had for a moment, shared a bed with a boy.

''Don't worry, we will stop that bastard and no matter how long it takes i will have you finally accept and believe that what happened to Adrik wasn't you fault''

I glanced at Brandon in surprise as he began to make his way to the bedroom door as he sent a small smirk my way.

''You're an open book,Spitfire''

I wanted to disagree with his statement but my mind had turned blank when i realised he had called me Spitfire, i really had to think of nicknames for these boys before they all had one for me, atleast this one was better than Pookie and Peanut.

''Ready?''

He asked his voice more serious and i knew if i told him i wasn't he would move away from that door and give me the time i needed but i knew i had to get this over with, let them know i was okay and to also fill them in on what had happened.

Moving my body of the bed i gave my ruffled clothing a quick pat down before i made my way over to the door to find the boys as well as Rhiannon and Wil in their own conversation when Brandon opened it so they had yet to notice either of us.

''-ker was right there!''

Gabriel's voice filled my ears first.

''I wanna know why he suddenly took an interest in Sang Baby, that bastard is always interfering with Academy work but i won't let him hurt her''

''Do you think Volto has targeted her because she's around us?''

Kota asked after North had spoken but before anyone could reply i made me and Brandon's presence known by answering Kota's question.

''Volto knew me before you all came here''

Suddenly everyone's attention was on us an a dozen voices voiced the same question of if i was alright but it was Owen who spoke next and silenced everyone else.

''What do you mean Miss Sang?''

Owen asked his steel eyes fully focused on me

''Volto killed Adrik, he said he killed him because of me, Adrik died before yous came here which means somehow we seem to have gained a similar foe''

I cringed at the last word but from what i heard just moments ago from North, he wasn't exactly on good terms with them and this Academy.

''How is that even possible? why would Volto kill someone from the circus?''