Family Is Choice

A/N I know a lot of you are trying to figure out who Adrik is...is he Academy? is he not? trust me i'll be leaving little hints aswell as flashbacks and further into the story we learn exactly about Adrik. I myself love Adrik's character he was only supposed to be a minor character but when i started writing about him i just fell in love with the character.

Sang's POV

I held onto the fabric in front of me as i nibbled on my bottom lip before turning my head back slightly just in time to catch the back of Axel disappearing out my tent allowing me to give a small sigh before i slumped my body onto the ground below me.

Why did he get weird after what i said?

It didn't make any sense, i was agreeing with him, telling him i understood that blood doesn't make family that in the end family is choice so why did he react as though i told him the opposite? did he not like that someone like me a nobody circus girl had the same values as him?

I never used to think such ways and after my family abandoned my here i thought that was the end of a family in my life, sure they were terrible people that hurt me and reminded me with every breath i took that i was worthless and unloved but...they were family, it wasn't until several months after being in Adrik's care did i learn they may have been family by blood, but they weren't my chosen family.

*******

I was huddled up in the black covered caravan couch as we continued moving during the night, i still was unable to drive so i continued to share Adrik's caravan with him.

Glancing over to the man in question as he continued driving along the now darkened roads that only lights were coming for all our vehicles as we headed towards out next destination.

''What is wrong with you mind, little kitten?'' 

I rolled my eyes a small laugh escaping my lips at his words, my poor Russian carer had learned his English by watching Friends and even though he's been in America for more years then i've been alive his English is not the best.

''What's on your mind Ad, not wrong''

I saw i shoulders move in what i knew to be a shrug as he muttered under his breath.

''Da, Same''

Were all Russian's like this or was Adrik just one of a kind?

''Tell me, little kitten, what is wrong?''

I sighed as he asked me again when i had not replied to him originally, bringing my index finger up to my bottom lip as my teeth began to nibble on it.

''It's nothing serious, it's just....seeing some of the families here, it remind's me just how alone i am now....my family did not....are not around anymore...''

I quickly corrected myself no one, not even Adrik was aware of how i really ended up here, he knew there was things i weren't telling him, i'm sure he actually knew every little detail but unless i confirmed it he left it be.

The caravan was quiet for a few moments before i noticed Adrik's eye's on me.

''ADRIK! look at the damn road you crazy Russian!''

I yelled, i would have been more terrified if i had already been through this type of situation with the Russian during our travels to our next destinations, he always had to be reminded what he can and can not do while driving.