Ch.2 Get Your Heads Out Of The Clouds

"YOO-SON CHAEYOUNG!" A woman yells and the target of her annoyance jumps out of the two story window into a tree. 

"I am not dealing with this today..." Chaeyoung mutters as she climbs down the tree and runs down the street with a leather satchel slung over her shoulder. When she rounds the corner of the block, she runs into a familiar body. 

"Chae? Why're you running?" Dahyun asks before adding, "...this time?"

"I don't know why but when my mom yells like that I know it isn't any good..." The blonde replies, making the older girl shake her head.

"I was about to go to the park to talk to a classmate, want to tag along?" Dahyun asks and Chaeyoung gratefully follows. 

They walk down the streets of the capital city of Solaris, Sol. Busy and lively as usual with music blasting at every street corner and chill people roaming the streets. When the two arrive at the park, Dahyun meets up with her classmate, Eun-woo. If she didn't know that her best friend was hoe-moe-sec-shual she would've been teasing her about this meeting but she's just tutoring him in math for next school year. As the tutoring goes on at a table, Chaeyoung sits under a trunk of a tree not too far from the pair and draws the park scenery in front of her. She usually finds herself drawing and drawing all kinds of scenes day and night to escape the clutches of her mother that has been nagging her more often now that she's out of high school. Said mother was not happy when Chaeyoung decided to go to a Music & Arts School instead of the prestigious national University she could've easily gotten into. As soon as she can, she plans on moving out of her parent's place just like her older sister, Jeongyeon, when she became body guard to the Crown Princess, Jihyo. She gets a little irritated when people find out she's related to that Jeongyeon but she admires her elder sister so she doesn't mind, Only time she did was when her mom found out and pressed Chaeyoung to quit art in favor of something "practical." When the tutoring session between Dahyun and Eun-woo ends and the boy departs, Dahyun joins Chaeyoung under the tree and tries some song writing. Both of them are attending the same school only difference is Dahyun's parents were more accepting of the fact. After a couple of hours, Dahyun leaves to go home for dinner. Chaeyoung was invited but she insisted that she'd rather not intrude and she'll be fine. As she sat there, she noticed the setting and sun and took out her camera to take pictures. Upon noticing that she's short, she decides to climb up the tree to take a better picture. She looks around to make sure no one's watching and when she confirms no one else is around, she climbs up. When she comfortable and safely perches herself on a branch, she takes out her camera and starts taking pictures again. Even when she's done, she decides to sit up there for awhile hoping that no cop or anything spots her. 

"HEY YOU!"

Chaeyoung jumps slightly and looks behind her to see a figure approaching her in their Royal Guard Uniform of red and gold. Chaeyoung scowls as she hears the  irritating and familiar laugh of her sister, Jeongyeon.

"I could've fell off, ya know?" Chaeyoung chides her as she casually swings off the tree.

"But ya didn't!" Jeongyeon quips back making the younger girl punch her in the shoulder.

"What's up? How'd you find me? Did mom call you?" Chaeyoung spits her questions out like a rap.

"Nothing much, I figured you didn't go far, and yes she did," Jeongyeon answers with a smile before ruffling hair, "Why'd you run away this time?"

"No particular reason, just didn't want to deal with her today," Chaeyoung shrugs and Jeongyeon sighs.

"C'mon, let's go home," Jeongyeon swings an arm around her shoulder and they proceed to walk out of the park. 

"Huh? It isn't Friday yet though," Chaeyoung frowns.

"I'll go back to the castle later," Jeongyeon explains, "Jihyo is just in her quarters studying so she allowed me to check up on you."

"Ah okay," Chaeyoung suddenly feels pangs of guilt, "Sorry for causing a fuss...this isn't the first time I've done this so I don't get what the big deal is."

"Mom was probably going to tell you something important," Jeongyeon shrugs as they cross the street.

"What could possibly be important when school just ended a week ago?" Chaeyoung groans and Jeongyeon laughs.

"Let's find out, hm?" Jeongyeon says as they proceed to walk down the sidewalk.

"I can't believe you jumped out that window again..." Their mom sighs exasperatedly, "One of these days you're going to get hurt."

"I'm fine mom, I'm sorry for worrying the both of you," Her mom nods and acknowledges the apology. 

"Now, that we got that over with...Chaeyoung I'm enrolling you in a Lady's Way class the week of the Celestial Festival," Their mom casually says.

"What?" Chaeyoung asks dropping her fork, "Why?"

"I'm allowing you to go to that school so you must do this one thing for me," Her mom simply states. 

"No, I won't," Chaeyoung denies it in a calm tone but shakes her head aggressively, "I did whatever you wanted me to do all my life, let me be an adult and do my own thing!"

"Yoo-Son Chaeyoung, that is no way to speak to your mother!" Her mom glares into her soul, before her mom could scold her more, she's distracted by the TV behind her.

On the screen were the images and a video of the Crown Princess Nayeon of Noctis and her adoptive younger sister, Tzuyu. The images are of both women in weird disguises, the taller girl, Tzuyu, is just wearing a bucket hat and leading the Princess away from the photographer. The Princess was wearing a bucket hat as well and clout glasses but her signature bunny teeth were recognized in her drunk expression. 

"That Princess Nayeon...she's something..." Their mom shakes her head, "You better not become like her, Chaeyoung."

Chaeyoung tunes out her mother's nagging and focuses on the taller girl. All she can think about is how pretty she is and how embarrassing it must've been to have to drag their country's Princess out of a situation. 

"Princess Jihyo is an amazing Princess in comparison," Their mom continues, "You should be more like her...Princess Nayeon should take a page out of her book as well. I heard that Tzuyu is a multi-talented young lady and is the same age as you, what went wrong with the Crown Princess?"

"She probably wanted to live her life before basically being chained down by responsibility," Chaeyoung grumbles and her mom shakes her head in disapproval.

The rest of the meal is ate in silence and Jeongyeon has no idea what to do to get the mood back so she goes along with it. When Chaeyoung's done eating, she washes the dishes and before her mom can nag some more, she goes to her room and locks the door. 

"Jeong, you can tell me, I'm your mother," Chaeyoung hears her mom say and she stops herself from putting her headphones on to listen.

"I told you Mom! She's my best friend and boss!" Jeongyeon insists, "I have to go now, see you tomorrow, Mom."

And with that, Jeongyeon leaves and Chaeyoung puts on her headphones. She turns of the lights in her room and lays in the dark listening to her music. The only light is from the moon and street lights outside. As her eyes droop and her consciousness begins to fade, she finds herself remembering a set of big, beautiful eyes that sparkle in the night light. Eyes like the ocean, reflecting sun or moon light in a beautiful, sparkly array.